Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Weak Companion/Right Channel on Monoblocks
having run my dual mono setup through acourate i can tell you theres no phenomenon that i can see that would account for the difference in speakers
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(16-Jul-2015, 15:04)completeluxury Wrote: having run my dual mono setup through acourate i can tell you theres no phenomenon that i can see that would account for the difference in speakers

Hi, completeluxury. What's "acourate"??
Are you saying that you have heard the same imbalance???
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
its software that you use to try correct any imbalances in your room and all music gets played through it.

at first though you measure your room using whats called a logsweep recorder which basically plays a note all the way from 20hz up to 20khz and does the left and right channels one at a time and shows you the difference between your speakers.

i dont hear a difference, nor do i see any difference when i look at the graph after the recording.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Thanks, completeluxury. Strange that I can hear it but the monitoring suite you describe cannot! I wonder if it is only in stereo mode, as I guess it would be hard to measure that with the acourate.
Thanks for your reply.
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
Hi there everyone.

It is my personal experience in last 8 months.

D400 has the similar feeling as less harmony or punch when comparing my ther HIFI gears before.

However D200 sound more harmonized and more in sync with left right channel to me.

Last night i pick up the audionet software to check the delay between left right channel. It is about 4ms which the master is faster on the left channel.

Luckily the new configurator has the delay function. I set master unit delay 350ns. 

Now. You may ask how to set delay with SAM on. It is the secret: 

disable SAM in configurator.
set delay as you want with master unit.
choice you SAM'd speaker again. 
now it is done  Wink

FIXED THE delay problem with companion which causes muddy sound. 

Cheers!
(02-Aug-2015, 08:34)Will03 Wrote: Hi there everyone.

D400 has the similar feeling as less harmony or punch when comparing my ther HIFI gears before.

However D200 sound more harmonized and more in sync with left right channel to me.

Last night i pick up the audionet software to check the delay between left right channel. It is about 4ms which the master is faster on the left channel.

Luckily the new configurator has the delay function. I set master unit delay 350ns. 

now it is done  Wink

Cheers!
Hi and thanks for the input!

If you measured 4 ms delay how will a 0,00035 ms (350 ns) master delay make any difference, or did it and did you measure afterwards?

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(02-Aug-2015, 09:05)Mikeeo Wrote:

now it is done  Wink

Cheers!

If you measured 4 ms delay how will a 0,00035 ms (350 ns) master delay make any difference, or did it and did you measure afterwards?

/Mike

This was intresting but as Mike is wondering so am I......4ms is 4000 microseconds (μs) and the configurator is 0-20000μs.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(02-Aug-2015, 09:52)octaviars Wrote:

now it is done  Wink

Cheers!

/Mike

This was intresting but as Mike is wondering so am I......4ms is 4000 microseconds (μs) and the configurator is 0-20000μs.
you are right. maybe room factor. small delay already make better sound. will measure again tonight. 
(02-Aug-2015, 10:51)Will03 Wrote:
(02-Aug-2015, 09:52)octaviars Wrote:

now it is done  Wink

Cheers!

/Mike

you are right. maybe room factor. small delay already make better sound. will measure again tonight. 
Hi and thanks for the update! As soon as I am back in Sweden I will test my self. Very good post, THANKS! This may just solve the coherence issues that I have. Strange that Devialet doesn't say anything about this (or do they?).

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
ive never read anything from devialet about a natural delay in their system.

however that COULD explain why they decided to implement it in the first place