Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone pair Devialet with single full range drivers? (Often high efficiency)
I've yet to see any posts on matching Devialets with high efficiency single driver full range speakers.  

Anyone does that?  For example, Omega speakers are reputed to have incredible coherence/musicality etc for vocals and chamber music among others.  Often, these speakers are matched with low powered tube SET amps with only a few watts. 

I do wonder how these type of speakers will fare with Devialet. 

MtnGuy
I matched my d120 with zu soul superfly. They are quite musical. Didn't think I pay the premium to go to d200 unless I needed aes
(31-May-2015, 03:06)MountainGuy Wrote: I've yet to see any posts on matching Devialets with high efficiency single driver full range speakers.  

Anyone does that?  For example, Omega speakers are reputed to have incredible coherence/musicality etc for vocals and chamber music among others.  Often, these speakers are matched with low powered tube SET amps with only a few watts. 

I do wonder how these type of speakers will fare with Devialet. 

MtnGuy

I have no experience with this myself. The only report i have seen is here http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/arcadianaudio/4.html where there is a description of using a D-Premier with a pair of of Arcadian Audio Pnoe horns with excellent results. The designer thought he needed single ended triode amps, but when he heard his speakers with a D-Premier he was thrilled.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB