Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D800 or 2 D250s
Sadly moving to other territories so my D800 is up for sale.

I have one Black Chrome D250 and one Matt Black upgraded D-Premier.

7000€ each.

Can send to anywhere in in their original boxes at buyer's cost or you are welcome to pick-up from Istanbul Smile

PM if interested.

Cheers.

Kunter
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
Hi Kunter. It will be sad to see you go. I remember you were trying out another amp but can't remember what it was. So I think a lot of us will be interested what it was that made you switch (and why)
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(02-Jun-2015, 23:04)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Hi Kunter. It will be sad to see you go. I remember you were trying out another amp but can't remember what it was. So I think a lot of us will be interested what it was that made you switch (and why)

Hi,

I have tried and purchased a Gryphon Antileon Signature stereo amp, and now I am searching for the best source for it. The amp is Class A Solid State. It weighs 90 kilos and is so hot to touch while operational. Just a brute force implementation. 150 watts to 8 Ohms, 300 to 4, and stable until 1 ohm, 1200 watts. My obese speakers really like them... Yes, D800 also have a lot of power, but properly implemented Class A, is another story. 

Mind you, Devialet, at this price level, I think does not have competition. I have been with Devialet since their first days, after accidentally hearing it in my dealer it was love at first sight. And it has been wonderful to be part of this community for the last year or so... It is a great all in one solution, and I am sure my Devialet's will continue to service music lovers for a long time.

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
(03-Jun-2015, 05:33)Kunter Wrote: Hi,

I have tried and purchased a Gryphon Antileon Signature stereo amp, and now I am searching for the best source for it. The amp is Class A Solid State. It weighs 90 kilos and is so hot to touch while operational. Just a brute force implementation. 150 watts to 8 Ohms, 300 to 4, and stable until 1 ohm, 1200 watts. My obese speakers really like them... Yes, D800 also have a lot of power, but properly implemented Class A, is another story. 

Mind you, Devialet, at this price level, I think does not have competition. I have been with Devialet since their first days, after accidentally hearing it in my dealer it was love at first sight. And it has been wonderful to be part of this community for the last year or so... It is a great all in one solution, and I am sure my Devialet's will continue to service music lovers for a long time.

Cheers

Congratulations!  They are excellent amps and Andy Payor uses them as a reference for his Rockport speakers.

Good luck with sale!
(02-Jun-2015, 22:14)Kunter Wrote: Sadly moving to other territories so my D800 is up for sale.

7000€ each.

Can send to anywhere in in their original boxes at buyer's cost or you are welcome to pick-up from Istanbul Smile

PM if interested.

Cheers.

Kunter

Kunter,

You are not the only one looking around as I am and some other forum members I know. I think that after our talk in Munich you really put a 'look elsewhere seed' in my head and the quest is on. A big decider for me will be next FW update, if that works out I may stay and enjoy but still the bug of looking at other solutions has bitten me again.
If a Aavik demo in comparison to D800 in a few weeks will bite even more, we'll have to see. But I have been toying with same idea as you with some classic A-class amp combined with modern preamp with integrated dac/phono.

All the best and please stay on forum and tell us about your new adventures in this never ending hobby/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(03-Jun-2015, 08:37)Mikeeo Wrote:
(02-Jun-2015, 22:14)Kunter Wrote: Sadly moving to other territories so my D800 is up for sale.

7000€ each.

PM if interested.

Cheers.

Kunter

Kunter,

You are not the only one looking around as I am and some other forum members I know. I think that after our talk in Munich you really put a 'look elsewhere seed' in my head and the quest is on. A big decider for me will be next FW update, if that works out I may stay and enjoy but still the bug of looking at other solutions has bitten me again.
If a Aavik demo in comparison to D800 in a few weeks will bite even more, we'll have to see. But I have been toying with same idea as you with some classic A-class amp combined with modern preamp with integrated dac/phono.

All the best and please stay on forum and tell us about your new adventures in this never ending hobby/Mike

The real problem is, anything better than the D800 is significantly higher in cost, especially on the amp side. My Gryphon, brand new, is 28K€.  The reason I took the plunge was mainly the cost of the second hand unit I found, less than 10K. Put on top the price of a decent DAC, a decent Phono, all the power and interconnect wiring, it simply does not make sense. But who says we are sensible people? 

I still think Devialet is a terrific bargain for what it is. Of course there is always something better out there...

Cheers
Istanbul, Turkey

7000€ each.

PM if interested.

Cheers.

Kunter
Black Chrome reserved.
Istanbul, Turkey
Hi Guys...

I guess it is the summer but so far no sales on these units... To be frank, I am inclined to keep the original (upgraded D-Premier) so, here is a bump on Black Chrome 250 for anyone interested.

Cheers

Kunter
Istanbul, Turkey