Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chrome chassis and its quality. Grease on surface.
What do You think of chrome chassis of Devialet? Are You Happy with its quality? Did You notice layers of grease and any changings in its shiny look?

I know that there are some users not Happy with look of chassis after some time of using Devialet. Did You noticed any changes in color?
Personally I've never been crazy about polished surfaces as its a skin-oil magnet. Were it available in brushed or satin finish I would've been all over it. There's a reason the outer ring around the remote volume knob has the finish it does and I would've preferred that finish everywhere. But as Henry Fordialet once said; "you can have any color you want... long as its chrome."
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Like anything in a home were people are living, cooking etc. the Devialet with get dirty so you need to clean it every once and while.

For cleaning also see http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=333 and and the Devialet support website.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(06-Jun-2015, 11:38)Antoine Wrote: Like anything in a home were people are living, cooking etc. the Devialet with get dirty so you need to clean it every once and while.

For cleaning also see http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=333 and and the Devialet support website.

A fine link to one of my favourite threads, which features a bunch of middle aged blokes swapping cleaning tips! Rolleyes
I have some darker markings on the top case which has been addressed with my local dealer and distributor. Just waiting for the distributor to get back to me with their findings and suggestions. I am hoping they will swap the case for new one if the blemish cannot be polished out. Will report back once I hear back. I've attached a photo, in case you wish to check it out.

In regards to cleaning, the local distributor suggested using foam glass cleaner and a microfibre cloth.
I suspect you can find a variation of this product in your area - http://www.whatsinsidescjohnson.com/en-c...eaner.aspx

In regards to the finish, if you turnover the unit, you can see a very rough and uneven chrome finish around the edges and the underside of rear cover has some discolouration (yellow in the inner edges). According to the distributor, this is normal. I do not agree but my understanding of chrome plating is limited.

What bothers me is that the top case and rear cover easily scratches and if it cannot be polished out, it makes for a less than perfect finish on a very expensive audio component which impacts resale value and my obsessive desire to keep my gear in mint condition.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
I have some slight blemish on the chrome where the back top plate meets the main. I canot swap the top plate as the mark is on both and the unit below is the companion.

Only noticable when you are on top of it!
I just cleaned it with a microfibre cloth whenever I'm free to do so. Not obsessive about it, though.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Mine has some minor blemishes.
My 200 has a couple of foot marks on it  Huh
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(22-Dec-2016, 07:23)Pim van Vliet Wrote: My 200 has a couple of foot marks on it  Huh

So glad you weighed in with that one Pim Smile.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK