Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Devialet MAX temperature!
(01-Oct-2020, 04:04)lsulliva Wrote: This is an old thread and mine is a new problem. My audio room has a Devialet 400 duel mono set up with D-expert. Today I heard the most degrade sound I had ever heard from an amp and immediately went to my other UPnP set up to check if it was me or the system..... so it’s a heat issue... is it possible my expert 400 is not working properly ( they always run hot )....I have both units in a well ventilated NAIM Frame rack...and it a humidity and temperature controlled room.

Does Devialet have a solution for this or is it a prelim with the engineering design for heat dissipation ?

Are you sure that this is a heat issue, if so, what makes you think so? Do you have a way of measuring the heat of your amps ? Are they the same temperature as each other?

Welcome to the forum BTW! 🙂
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(01-Oct-2020, 04:04)lsulliva Wrote: This is an old thread and mine is a new problem. My audio room has a Devialet 400 duel mono set up with D-expert. Today I heard the most degrade sound I had ever heard from an amp and immediately went to my other UPnP set up to check if it was me or the system..... so it’s a heat issue... is it possible my expert 400 is not working properly ( they always run hot )....I have both units in a well ventilated NAIM Frame rack...and it a humidity and temperature controlled room.

Does Devialet have a solution for this or is it a prelim with the engineering design for heat dissipation ?

what temperature does the monitoring system report? (hold down the right button on the remote until it shows then scroll with left or right buttons until it shows).
I rarely see over 45C.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire