Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Devialet MAX temperature!
(05-Aug-2014, 08:00)Vivialet Wrote:
(03-Aug-2014, 12:17)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi - do you stack your 250 units?

Guillaume

No, both are vertically mounted to a wall. This should give the best cooling as warm air can flow up and cool air can follow from the ground. Theoretically...

It's just this what I mean, in some electronic devices ( see same apple macbook pro) when vertically mounted, the cooling is not the best into the internal hot ways so they over-warm some inside parts... can you confirm there're no problem with wall mounting?
no problems. The first few days my second 250 was placed on the floor where is was 2 or 3° warmer than the wall mounted 250.
(05-Aug-2014, 12:34)Confused Wrote: I appear to be getting lower temps on my 250 since running 7.1.1, has anyone else noticed similar?

Yes, I also note that temp is lower with 7.1.1, with some 5-6 deg C. Someone reported 41 deg C for D200 but I see 50-52 deg C (D400) at idle or is it the mono set-up that makes this!?

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
With the new firmware, my D250s are very hot at around 40 degrees Celsius at a stand-by or a power-off mode. With the previous version of the firmware, I recall that the temperature is much lower at a power-off mode.
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
(03-Aug-2014, 15:28)f1eng Wrote: Mine get hottest when I run the fixed input for TV. Thierry tells me that that is effectively a gain of 0bB, i.e. class A amp flat out, is the worst case situation but no problem at all.

After watching a movie a couple of nights ago I remembered to check the temperatures. All temperatures were in the high 50s - early 60s range with the class A amp in the Slave/Companion showing the highest reading at 62 degrees.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I've had a happy day listening to an 800 on the Blades with SAM (using a demo D250 on loan from those awfully nice people at Oxford Audio)

After many hours of listening at (fairly) sensible volume, the upper unit was showing 61 deg. Gosh!

If I buy a slave I definitely won't want to stack them!
(30-Aug-2014, 17:07)Confused Wrote: I've had a happy day listening to an 800 on the Blades with SAM (using a demo D250 on loan from those awfully nice people at Oxford Audio)

After many hours of listening at (fairly) sensible volume, the upper unit was showing 61 deg. Gosh!

If I buy a slave I definitely won't want to stack them!

Wow that does seem high. How sensitive are the Blades?

I don't stack my units anymore, not sure if it really affects the sound but it makes me feel better having them on separate shelves! Mine never go higher that early 40s... except when using in pass thru mode...

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
91db/1w, so high enough.
(30-Aug-2014, 19:18)Confused Wrote: 91db/1w, so high enough.

That does seem a bit odd.

Anyway Devailet say that anything up to 65 is absolutely fine so perhaps this is nothing to worry about...

Guillaume

UK
Thinking about it, the last half an hour or so of listening happened to be with some quite bass heavy material, plus SAM is there making everything work that little bit harder. So probably quite normal. I kind of thought that the 800 would just be cruising! But it must have been working harder than I thought! Sounded rather splendid though, so clearly nothing untoward going on.

Later on tomorrow, I'll be listening to much of the same material back with the lonely 250, whilst today's listening is fresh in my mind. So will be interesting to check the temps with just the 250, as well as checking the SQ.