Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone seen or heard the new Focal Sopra N2?
http://www.focal.com/en/sopra/545-sopra-n2.html

I might upgrade if they are definite improvement over my 1028BEs.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Wow they look cool, I guess the utopia style and probably some of the technology is filtering down the line.
(07-Jun-2015, 00:47)Dom Wrote: Wow they look cool, I guess the utopia style and probably some of the technology is filtering down the line.

A brand new mid driver that will most likely filter up the line as I read it.  Tongue

It only makes sense not everyone had the room for the big ass Utopia's and or didn't want the Diablo Utopias.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

They look beautiful. Just a bit more than I can afford, specially since I just bought my D200 :-)
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Some initial searching indicates they are about 10% more expensive than the current 1038BEs. I've seen $15,000 CDN on one site but haven't talked to my dealer yet.

Looks like Focal have caught on to the power of the three letter acronym!

NIC, TMD, IHL...  Big Grin

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Talked to my dealer about the Sopra N2 today. I'm first on the list when he gets a demo pair in. God help my wallet!