Poll: Roon Labs Music Software: Are you using it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, signed up for a lifetime.
9.68%
12 9.68%
Yes, signed up for a year.
22.58%
28 22.58%
Tried it but I'm waiting to see how it develops before subscribing.
16.94%
21 16.94%
Tried it and won't be signing up.
5.65%
7 5.65%
Haven't tried it
45.16%
56 45.16%
Total 124 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon Labs Music Software: Are you using it?
Just a poll to see how many have jumped onboard.

https://roonlabs.com
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Those that voted they are waiting to see how it develops, is there anything you are waiting to see?

I assume the iOS app for one.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Waiting for some announced functionality (ASIO, DSD support and iOS apps) before I try it.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
DSD support on DSF format is available now. ASIO support next build update. IOS app is soon. Why wait when you can enjoy now.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

They must have a top-norch iphone app to be considered. Lumin ipad app is very nice but they do not have iphone app yet. Roon for me must offer the best user experience for their asking.
Additionally, I really hope it will be hardware integrated with Devialet. Otherwise it is just another control app.
(08-Jun-2015, 00:09)hk6230 Wrote: DSD support on DSF format is available now. ASIO support next build update. IOS app is soon. Why wait when you can enjoy now.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

It wasn't long ago since I last checked but you're right..wow, these guys are on fire! I didn't expect them to introduce these new features so fast. Smile

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-1-...eased/1616

But anyway, DSD is a 'nice to have', iPad/ASIO support is mandatory and I'd prefer to have RoonSpeakers support as well to not have to install the 'heavy' core software on my music server. I'm in no hurry and very curious to see how it all pans out. I could even envision myself buying a nice Windows 8/10 tablet like the Surface 3 (Pro) or 4 Pro and use that instead of an iPad and PC with core installation. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(08-Jun-2015, 12:12)Antoine Wrote: I could even envision myself buying a nice Windows 8/10 tablet like the Surface 3 (Pro) or 4 Pro and use that instead of an iPad and PC with core installation. Smile

I am considering this as well. I believe hk6230 and other members here on the forum are using widows tablets and are happy with the outcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(08-Jun-2015, 03:23)johnsap Wrote: Additionally, I really hope it will be hardware integrated with Devialet. Otherwise it is just another control app.

Hardware integrated?  It is a control app I don't know what else you could think it would be?

(08-Jun-2015, 12:18)amabrok Wrote:
(08-Jun-2015, 12:12)Antoine Wrote: I could even envision myself buying a nice Windows 8/10 tablet like the Surface 3 (Pro) or 4 Pro and use that instead of an iPad and PC with core installation. Smile

I am considering this as well.  I believe hk6230 and other members here on the forum are using widows tablets and are happy with the outcome

Core installation doesn't work well on the Surface 3 without the keyboard.  Not Roons fault, the on screen keyboard doesn't work well with non "Modern Apps".

Of course if you are able to use core installation with just a mouse now, go for it.

(08-Jun-2015, 13:47)Dr Tone Wrote:
(08-Jun-2015, 12:18)amabrok Wrote:

I am considering this as well.  I believe hk6230 and other members here on the forum are using widows tablets and are happy with the outcome

Core installation doesn't work well on the Surface 3 without the keyboard.  Not Roons fault, the on screen keyboard doesn't work well with non "Modern Apps".

Of course if you are able to use core installation with just a mouse now, go for it.

You can only install one Core, whether it is your Mac or PC. I have my Core on my Mac Mini. I installed a copy of Roon which basically let me install it as Remote on my Win8.1 Tablet. You will be able to see and control what's connected to your Core such as USB, HDMI, AIR, AirPlay, etc. On my Remote, I have private zone which is connected to my Devialet using AIR. I also run Fidelizer prior to starting Roon Remote on my Tablet.

The advantage of running Remote on Win8.1 is that you can use AIR on Exclusive mode which streams natively the bitrates that you are playing to your Devialet. And, on my tablet, I can simply use my fingers for the scrolling of menus and selection of songs. Of course, you can also use the Core's audio output such as USB to play your music.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier