Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet SAM Distorts
Hello,

I've demoed Devialet 200 in combination with the Kef LS50 about 3 times now.
Every time with a different Devialet and LS50 and used different sources and cables.
With SAM enabled the LS50 even at very low volume start to distort very heavly.
With SAM disabled it sounds normal.
I've tried this before and after the latest big update, so it's probably not that.
This must be a huge flaw in their SAM profile for the LS50. SAM is designed to reduce
distortion but with the LS50 it adds distortion.
When you watch the conus even al very low volume this still happens even though the
conus barrely moves.

The tracks that I used were:

Lorde - royals
Daft punk - doing it right
This is also the case with their reference song for sam profiling: massive attack - angel

Does anybody have an explanation? I think Devialet should take some real time to
investigate and fix this huge flaw.
Didn't notice anything amiss when I tried my LS50s with my 800 when I had my first and only experiment with SAM. My main speakers don't have SAM, and probably never will so I thought I'd try the LS50s. They are too small for this room and I didn't keep them in here long, but nothing amiss with them at the levels they can manage in a big room.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Nor did I have any problems driving them with my 200 when I had them even at stupid levels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Nor with me. D120 and LS50, nothing seemed not seems wrong...

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(10-Jun-2015, 16:25)stijjgv Wrote: Hello,

Every time with a different Devialet and LS50 and used different sources and cables.
I've tried this before and after the latest big update, so it's probably not that.
This must be a huge flaw in their SAM profile for the LS50. SAM is designed to reduce
When you watch the conus even al very low volume this still happens even though the
conus barrely moves.

Lorde - royals
This is also the case with their reference song for sam profiling: massive attack - angel

Does anybody have an explanation? I think Devialet should take some real time to

Firmware 8.0?  If so turn SAM % to 0 and see if it still happens.

If not, I'd reload your current firmware version and create a new config file from scratch.  If this doesn't work contact Devialet support.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

conus barrely moves.

Lorde - royals

I have no problem on my D200 & LS50 combination. Maybe you should check you configuration and firmware again as Dr Tone has suggested.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(11-Jun-2015, 05:00)Dr Tone Wrote:

conus barrely moves.

Lorde - royals

Firmware 8.0?  If so turn SAM % to 0 and see if it still happens.

If not, I'd reload your current firmware version and create a new config file from scratch.  If this doesn't work contact Devialet support.

My dealer did that and it still occurred. I did not know you could change SAM in % what effects does this have?
What's the difference between 0% sam and 100% sam?
(11-Jun-2015, 12:59)hk6230 Wrote:

conus barrely moves.

Lorde - royals

I have no problem on my D200 & LS50 combination. Maybe you should check you configuration and firmware again as Dr Tone has suggested.

Have you tried it with the songs I had problems with?
(11-Jun-2015, 13:32)stijjgv Wrote:
(11-Jun-2015, 12:59)hk6230 Wrote:

conus barrely moves.

Lorde - royals

Have you tried it with the songs I had problems with?

Yes, I had. I'm playing the both songs from my Sonos Connect to my Devialet. No issue.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier