Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
Share with the rest what album you are listening to now. A great way to get ideas for new music.

[Image: Gregory-Porter-Liquid-Spirit-Official-Cover.jpg]
Gregory Porter - Liquid Spirit
Genre: Jazz
Medium: Vinyl
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Nina Simone, Pastel Blues, particularly "be my husband" and "sinner man"

2 of the most intense songs you'll hear

CD rip
Trying some old favourites - all original vinyl from the 70s and sounds as good as new through the 200.

Rolling Stones/Aftermath
Frank Zappa/Joe's Garage Act I
Talking Heads/Stop Making Sense
Lou Reed/Berlin
Laurie Anderson/Big Science
Led Zeppelin 1
Pink Floyd/Meddle

I may move back into the 21st century tomorrow...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
[Image: tmr271v_550_a.jpg]
Jack White - Lazaretto (Blue/White vinyl)
Alt. Rock
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
[Image: Jimi+Hendrix+-+Live+At+Monterey+-+LP+RECORD-420205.jpg]

Jimi Hendrix - Live at Monterey
Genre: Acid Rock
Medium: Vinyl

The Netherlands
Beethoven Op96 Sonata for Piano and violin, David Abel Julie Steinberg. CD
This is a lovely quality recording but there is clearly audible tape print through from an analogue tape.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(11-Jul-2014, 21:26)f1eng Wrote: Beethoven Op96 Sonata for Piano and violin, David Abel Julie Steinberg. CD
This is a lovely quality recording but there is clearly audible tape print through from an analogue tape.
@f1eng, you clearly have much experience of classical music. I have been trying to work out the what could possibly be the finest version of Mozart's Requiem (subjective, I know). I am not a great classical music fan, but do dabble occasionally. The copy of Requiem would be for a gift, I know the recipient is has a desire for the most "full on gothic" (not sure if I have described this too well) version. I think something that sounded most like the soundtrack to a horror movie might be suitable. Any ideas??

Back on the intended subject of the thread... I have almost accidentally started listening to some "Stranglers" tracks. Surprisingly good!
(11-Jul-2014, 21:51)Confused Wrote:
(11-Jul-2014, 21:26)f1eng Wrote: Beethoven Op96 Sonata for Piano and violin, David Abel Julie Steinberg. CD
@f1eng, you clearly have much experience of classical music. I have been trying to work out the what could possibly be the finest version of Mozart's Requiem (subjective, I know). I am not a great classical music fan, but do dabble occasionally. The copy of Requiem would be for a gift, I know the recipient is has a desire for the most "full on gothic" (not sure if I have described this too well) version. I think something that sounded most like the soundtrack to a horror movie might be suitable. Any ideas??

Back on the intended subject of the thread... I have almost accidentally started listening to some "Stranglers" tracks. Surprisingly good!

Sorry, the classical music world is hundreds of times bigger and more varied than the pop music world, the inevitable consequence of the longer history, and Mozart is not one of my specialities.
I only have one recording of it. Mine is the Christopher Hogwood/ Academy of Ancient Music offering using original instruments, which I like but not everybody's cup of tea!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

@f1eng - Point taken! Sorry for putting you on the spot with this one, I did think after my post that that a PM would have been more appropriate. It has peaked my interest though, perhaps searching through the very many versions out there could be good fun, and a challenge.
(12-Jul-2014, 11:14)Confused Wrote: @f1eng - Point taken! Sorry for putting you on the spot with this one, I did think after my post that that a PM would have been more appropriate. It has peaked my interest though, perhaps searching through the very many versions out there could be good fun, and a challenge.

Then this thread is working as intended Smile Smile

The Netherlands