Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
(13-Dec-2016, 20:46)Xander Wrote: This is one of my favourite  topics... finding nice new music I would never found myself / have looked for. Thanks all for posting, keep them coming!

It sure is a great topic. Once before was someone stating that is was a good idea to mention the music style and probably other info of importance to the music suggestions. For a while everybody was doing this... It would be nice to keep adding this info :-)
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
The Dude by Quincy Jones (1981)

In the thread about "the pros vs the experts comparison", some of us wrote about the unforgiving rendition of poor 80s recordings (and there are indeed a lot of those). Did anyone recently listen to an Aitken, Stock and Waterman top 50 #1 ? Don't do it !

The recent loudness war (see the Death Magnetic by Metallica controversy) reminded me of a golden age ( kind of) and the best state of the art albums which were actually released in the... 80s.
No Protool, no Pitchperfect and musicians playing their parts in one take or two.
My all time favorites are the albums by Toto but tonight I'd like to share The Dude by Quincy Jones with you : ecclectism is the word. Patti Austin thrives, Louis Johnson's bass grooves not to mention Stevie Wonder or Steve Lukather's tasty rythm guitar parts.

Crank it up !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bruno

Auralic Aries g2.1 / Chord Qutest / CLEARAUDIO Blackmotion - cartridge Clearaudio Virtuoso V2 mm/  /Gryphon Diablo 300 / Blue jeans cable / Apertura Edena Evolution

Arrival - (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
American Football - Album LP2 -alt rock
[Image: a0940539402_16.jpg]
(11-Dec-2016, 18:06)Sharone Wrote: Leszek Mozdzer- Komeda
via Tidal
A piano solo album gem

Lovely album - thanks Sharone.

(Also on Qobuz, by the way.)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

To get the adrenaline going before kick off Big Grin
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Two on the bounce!
Spooky Tooth-Spooky Two. 320 MP3. Prog rock

Spooky Tooth-The Last Puff. 

Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Listening to this on TIDAL. Wonderfully recorded live album of 1958 show in DC with out of this world music. The modal left hand on Cheek to Cheek alone! Just went onto my list of favorite albums after one listen!
[Image: %255BAllCDCovers%255D_ahmad_jamal_ahmads...-front.jpg]
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

Jenna Mammina 

Food: Quiet Inlet, ECM

Download from Qobuz vis Roon. Extremely nice contemporary jazz and very well recorded. The percussive parts just jump at you.