Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Firmware 8.1 released!
Have now installed 8.1, and updated my Configuration - needed to produce new Master and Companion configuration SD Cards from scratch, as an "Edit" of my previous configuration did not work Dodgy. All seems to be working OK - "funky" Bass issue experienced with 8.0 seems to have been cured Smile.

I don't use cross over filters, so have not experienced the same issue as Antoine.

Will now do some serious listening to see if I like the SQ in preference to 7.1.3, which had been my favourite to date.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
so far no problems for me. SAM is working, the new menu is nice (exactly what I have proposed here some time ago), the bug with the subwoofer "plop" when switching off the Devialet is fixed and ICM can now be assigned to each input. If I don't find any new bugs I'm happy. At least the sound is good, no big changes at least to 8.0.
All is working ok here, except that i cannot access the menu from the remote to dial in a % of SAM. I can only toggle it on or off. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: Never mind, had to do a short press now instead of a long one
I also like it, it is great that the ICM can be set for each input...

Kind regards

Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Hmmm.. So we have to generate new config files to work with 8.1

Does anyone know whether profiles generated with the new version of the configurator will be compatible with earlier versions of firmware?
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(11-Jun-2015, 20:56)PhilP Wrote: Hmmm.. So we have to generate new config files to work with 8.1

Does anyone know whether profiles generated with the new version of the configurator will be compatible with earlier versions of firmware?

Not with 8.0 apparently, but with older version, yes (using SAM v1)
Does this mean the Configurator is now incapable of generating 8.0-compatible config files (for those who wish to stay on 8.0)?
(11-Jun-2015, 21:09)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Does this mean the Configurator is now incapable of generating 8.0-compatible config files (for those who wish to stay on 8.0)?

From the release notes:
Le configurateur does not allow you to use SAM with the 8.0.0 firmware anymore.
If you are still on firmware 8.0.0, please upgrade to the 8.1.0.

I think they simply screw up with SAM v2 on 8.0.0, which should not be used anymore...
I've started backing up my config and a copy of the corresponding firmware with it. That way I can bounce around. I suggest everyone else do the same.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Antoine Wrote:
I'm afraid I don't understand that expression. What do you mean exactly?

Antoine it just meant creating a new config was what I was going to suggest but you beat me to it, ie; 'stole my wind'

Sorry for the misunderstanding (and that it didn't work)
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!