Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Le Configurator
I have always had problems with this on my MacBook Pro.

But trying to do a latest config for 8.1 and it's driving me nuts. I can do the configuration signed into my account, heck I have many now, and they all save to my account. But try and 'Download linked file as' and more often than not (and I mean trying 10's of times) I get 'error, please go back, etc'. Now I have tried all sorts of different destinations.

This has always happened for me, if I get lucky, eventually it will write the file, but this could be a different day, not just a different minute or hour. It's driving me mad and I now look at Le Configurator with trepidation.

I really do not understand why access cannot be given by wi-fi or ethernet to settings built into the firmware. Directly configure from a laptop.

This is the one thing I really hate about the Devialet.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(12-Jun-2015, 08:34)AllenB Wrote: I have always had problems with this on my MacBook Pro.

But trying to do a latest config for 8.1 and it's driving me nuts. I can do the configuration signed into my account, heck I have many now, and they all save to my account. But try and 'Download linked file as' and more often than not (and I mean trying 10's of times) I get 'error, please go back, etc'. Now I have tried all sorts of different destinations.

This has always happened for me, if I get lucky, eventually it will write the file, but this could be a different day, not just a different minute or hour. It's driving me mad and I now look at Le Configurator with trepidation.

I really do not understand why access cannot be given by wi-fi or ethernet to settings built into the firmware. Directly configure from a laptop.

This is the one thing I really hate about the Devialet.

i also use a mac and i guess you are using Safari. i have found the configurator problematic using safari.

i use chrome as a browser and the configurator works fine then
Thanks colonel66, you might be right, especially as I am on the beta public programme for Yosemite. But it that gave me a thought. I don't have Chrome, but I do have Windows on a VM on my Mac, going to give it a go using IE.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
This problem has to do with safari. I emailed Devialet once when i experienced it and they told me to use chrome. With chrome it works perfectly.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
Worked with IE on Windows.
TRNC (North Cyprus)
I'm reluctant to bring this up as I'm old, struggle with ANY computer and just swapped from 27 years on a PC to a new iMAC (OS X 10.10.3) after the first of the year. With that said I've done a dozen or so Devialet FW upgrades-downgrades-upgrades as well as 15-20 configuration changes on Safari and beyond figuring out how to extract the files I needed from the SD card the very first time I've yet to encounter even a single issue. My 'download saved file as' has, without a single incident, worked flawlessly, first time, every time. Good thing too as I'm sure there'd be some frustrating learning curve involved in my having to learn to use chrome which I consider neither good or bad but certainly new/different for the likes of me. Maybe I'm having a bit of beginners luck? Either way I'm in no position to help beyond suggesting Safari alone "may" not be the sole culprit.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
It works fine also on a Mac with Firefox. Safari is the culprit.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
It works fine on my iMac with Safari !
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(12-Jun-2015, 15:29)PhilP Wrote: It works fine on my iMac with Safari !

apparently this is a trick bug. It works fine if you create a new config, but fails if you update a previously saved config.

I even had it working spuriously for saved configs but failed to identify what was working and not and therefore switched to use Firefox for that.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(12-Jun-2015, 15:39)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(12-Jun-2015, 15:29)PhilP Wrote: It works fine on my iMac with Safari !

apparently this is a trick bug. It works fine if you create a new config, but fails if you update a previously saved config.

I even had it working spuriously for saved configs but failed to identify what was working and not and therefore switched to use Firefox for that.

Jean-Marie

Yes, this is the problem I have had when raising a new set of config files for my D400, and I use Windows IE. I have to start from square one each time. If I try and update my existing config files, held on My Maison, it fails - the Master config is OK, but the Companion config fails. 

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK