Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Room Correction SW with JRiver
I am wanting to jump into the room correction pool and am looking for a software which works well together with JRiver but am honestly overwelhmed by the amount of information available...  Huh

Hopefully there is a fellow Devialetaner who could give me a few tips and point me in the direction of the shallow end?  Blush

Any assistance would be appreciated!
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(14-Jun-2015, 20:27)baconbrain Wrote: I am wanting to jump into the room correction pool and am looking for a software which works well together with JRiver but am honestly overwelhmed by the amount of information available...  Huh

Hopefully there is a fellow Devialetaner who could give me a few tips and point me in the direction of the shallow end?  Blush

I have previously used Audiolense (http://www.juicehifi.com) and was quite happy with that one. Integration into JRiver was quite easy. Anyway, my understanding is that any any solution that creates a convolver file will easily integrate into JRiver.
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)
(14-Jun-2015, 20:43)Borgen Wrote:
(14-Jun-2015, 20:27)baconbrain Wrote: I am wanting to jump into the room correction pool and am looking for a software which works well together with JRiver but am honestly overwelhmed by the amount of information available...  Huh

I have previously used Audiolense (http://www.juicehifi.com) and was quite happy with that one. Integration into JRiver was quite easy. Anyway, my understanding is that any any solution that creates a convolver file will easily integrate into JRiver.

Thanks, did you use the same pc that jriver was on also for measuring or a seperate one?
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
ive paid and installed acourate onto my system. ive yet to try it but it includes its own asio driver so it would work with jriver.

when ive had some time to actually test it out ill let you know how it goes.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(15-Jun-2015, 00:21)completeluxury Wrote: ive paid and installed acourate onto my system. ive yet to try it but it includes its own asio driver so it would work with jriver.

when ive had some time to actually test it out ill let you know how it goes.

Thanks and yes I would be interested given that Acourate is one of my preferred solutions at the moment.

I am looking for a software that integrates well into both the JRiver standard and dlna server setups (via the jriver convolver) while accommodating support for various sampling rates through multiple filters / config files. Not sure how one would use the Acourate asio driver when switching between a "devialet usb" or "devialet air" zone within Jriver? (given that they both have there own asio drivers...)  Huh

Perhaps I am just somewhat confused...
that could be an issue that i wont be able to help you with.

im a jplay user so i only need the one output.

why would you use the jriver convolver when programs like acourate handle that for you?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(15-Jun-2015, 11:08)completeluxury Wrote: that could be an issue that i wont be able to help you with.

im a jplay user so i only need the one output.

why would you use the jriver convolver when programs like acourate handle that for you?

Probably because I am just not aware of any other package which offers a similar amount of flexibility and overall reliability, but that doesn't mean that a better alternative doesn't exist. Could you go into a little more detail as to how you are handling it with Jplay together with acourate?

Thx.
sure. i wont have a silent room to test the software until the weekend unfortunately but just from having a quick look around the audio in - out is quite simple.

Acourate has its own ASIO driver. so when i load bughead SQ for example and it lists the different asio outputs it gives me 2: Jplay and Acourate.

so bughead will send the audio to acourate which does the convolving. then in acourate it asks for the audio output and gives me a list of all the possible options (for me its only Jplay)

it would be exactly the same with J-river. you can select the asio output in the settings and the acourate asio will be there. if you dont use jplay i assume you have a single pc. it would likely give you 2 output options. Devialet air and Devialet USB.

Far as i can tell you wont be able to swap on the fly between usb and air if you use the jriver remote.. but how often do you actually change between them?
Interesting constellation of bughead and jplay. I have not tried either of them, and given all of the controversy around the jplay topic, it is certainly an application which raises ones curiosity. But that is a different topic altogether ...  Wink

If you don't mind, I am also curious as to what type of setup you are using for the measurements. In particular which Micro, and if you are connecting it directly to your pc or through an external sound card for capturing.
Seeing as how ive got a dual pc set up i cant exactly try different options and give my experience on how they work... ie with/without jplay. i dont really have it in me to pull apart 2 pcs and try out single pc setups with different programs Tongue

Bughead is completely free but has no remote software nor will it ever so it depends on how people use their system to what programs they can use!

as for measurements - i bought this.

a minidsp umik-1

http://cross-spectrum.com/measurement/ca..._umik.html

its a usb microphone and comes highly recommended no matter where you look. its also fairly cheap and for those of us with computer sources requires no extra items to get it to work it literally just plays through one of your usb ports.

i recommend this company to buy it from instead of the company who makes it because with the microphone they give you a full set of mic calibration files which you can then import into any correction software which is important.

the only thing you will need from there is a proper mic stand!