Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
96 or 192 kHz
When Devialet set up my 400 at home they choose the 192 kHz frequency. But I have read it was recommended to choose 96 on Devialet web site.
What did you do ?

I just updated my linn lp12 today with new tone arm Akito and Lyra Delos cartridge.
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
You mean the sample rate on the analogue inputs? When I got my Devialet I had a Linn Klimax DS connected via an analogue input on the Devialet and initially set it to 192kHz because it's obviously got to be better, right? (!) I subsequently found it sounded better at the default 96kHz.
96kHz for me. Didn't try 192 as 96 is the recommended setting. I've always needle dropped at 96kHz even before I got the 200.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I have always had mine set at 96 kHz as it sounds better to my ears, but set it at what sounds best to you.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
When the configurator first came on line I set my D-Premier at 192, bigger is better right? But there are good reasons why it is unnecessary or even potentially worse, so I went back to 96kHz. I didn't do a listening test though. I have left it at the default ever since.

See if you hear a difference.
I would not expect to hear one myself.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

With respect to the phono input, the advice I received, both from my dealer and one time from a Devialet rep direct, is that 96 kHz slightly quieter and that 192 kHz provides no audible improvement in itself.
Same here. I'm staying with 96KHz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
96 kHz sounds better cause 192 kHz produce to much signal-to-noise ratio

Sent by iPad
(21-Jun-2015, 14:41)Elztalbiker Wrote: 96 kHz sounds better cause 192 kHz produce to much signal-to-noise ratio

Sorry to be pedantic, but I guess you mean "too much noise"...  Angel
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
thumb5 jepp your are right

Sent by iPad