Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linear Power Supply for the Router?
I got mine at hd-plex. The beauty from HD plex is that the PSU has multiple output and I power my nas and router by the same psu.
To revive an old thread....

I just ordered the modified zyxel switch from Paul Pang. I already have his battery power supply so I will be powering it with clean batteries.

Will report back if I hear an improvement compared to my trusty apple airport extreme.

When I tried a better power cable for the Extreme, things changed towards good so I have my expectations high.

I do not use Air currently. But I will try to test it for the forum as well. My current setup has two cubox computers, one is the player connected via USB, other is a upnp server running MinimServer. The switch will go in between.

Cheers.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
I just bought a new cisco gs200-08 giga-switch vs. an older metal case cisco 8-port giga switch. supposed to have 4mb ram buffer. After playing for 24 hours, not sure if I can hear much difference. will report back if there is.
I was intending to try one of the iFi iPower Power Supplies out. The specs read like it is optimized for low noise and both my SB Motorola cable modem and separate Cisco switch use a 12VDC x 1 Amp PS. $49 looks very reasonable.

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-322395-ifi-...upply.aspx

Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
No experience in practice here with the iFi but please note that it's still a SMPS walwart and the specified noise figures are for the 'audible audio band'. I personally don't trust companies producing that sort of "misleading" marketing.

No one knows how much noise they produce outside this limited band. You should know that SMPS's produce the most noise at the internal switching frequency (usually way above the audio band) and throw a lot of that back into AC mains and some also into the device connected.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I have been using the HDPLEX linear power supply for my wireless router for the last 2 weeks, and 
believe that this improved the sound quality slightly.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
#No experience in practice here with the iFi but please note that it's still a SMPS walwart and the specified noise figures are for the 'audible audio band'. I personally don't trust companies producing that sort of "misleading" marketing.#

sorry old tread but :

Do anyone have negative experiences with iFi iPower Power Supplies ,acc to marketing they should be up there acc to measurements on their webpage
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
some people claim it does improve SQ.
I contacted Teddy some years ago and he told me he was surprised that some people think that LPS for Router improves SQ..
I have a Teddy Pardo 12v and it makes a substantial difference with my netgear modem/router.

Also ditching the cable modem and airport extreme and moving to a 1 box modem/router (powered by the Teddy) was a substantial upgrade.