Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill's System
Hi all,

Thought I would get the ball rolling as it were:

Speakers: Focal Maestro Utopia

Amp: Devialet D Premier

Power conditioning: Isotek Sigmas

Vinyl: VPI classic 2 with SDS power supply. Benz LPS cartridge.

Speaker cables: tellurium q ultra blacks, Power cables: Nordost vishnus, various interconnects and digital cables (faves are chord indigo and stereolab xv ultra)

Transport to Devialet: Jriver with room correction using Acourate filters. Via ifi ilink and ifi iusb to devialet spdif.

Other stuff: Stillpoints ultras and ultra 5s under everything.

[Image: imagejpg1_zps4cc189e3.jpg]
Fantastic! How do you find the Stillpoints Ultra 5s? You have these under your Focals right?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I have Stillpoints ultras under my speakers, which are revelatory - seriously amazing product IMHO. I have the ultra 5s under the Devialet!! It sounds ridiculous - you would think that it could make no difference - in fact I said that to the focal guys when they brought them over - I was wrong!

Ultras under turntable as feet and the LPi record clamp. As you can see, I like my Stillpoints Wink

My other secret weapon - Stillpoints ERS fabric - it is an EMI protective fabric used by quite a few companies actually. I use it all over the place.
(28-May-2014, 23:02)Bill Wrote: I have Stillpoints ultras under my speakers, which are revelatory - seriously amazing product IMHO. I have the ultra 5s under the Devialet!! It sounds ridiculous - you would think that it could make no difference - in fact I said that to the focal guys when they brought them over - I was wrong!

Ultras under turntable as feet and the LPi record clamp. As you can see, I like my Stillpoints Wink

My other secret weapon - Stillpoints ERS fabric - it is an EMI protective fabric used by quite a few companies actually. I use it all over the place.

Fascinating. I'm hoping to try some Ultra 5s under my Sophias.

I recently tried out their Apertures... unbelievable! Hoping to get some of these soon too!

Focal use Stillpoints in their setups?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
The ex Focal distributors, Kog Audio, also supplied Stillpoints. They are very often used together from the many reviews I have seen online. The changes are dramatic. Would be interested to hear what they do for your Sophias.
Have you had your KEF's hooked up to your Devialet Bill? I've heard they are brilliant!
(29-May-2014, 13:30)Martyn Wrote: Have you had your KEF's hooked up to your Devialet Bill? I've heard they are brilliant!

Indeed, Martyn. Remarkable sound. It is a fantastic combo indeed and is highly recommended.

I have a d premier so can't comment on the SAM'd ls50 sound, which intrigues me.

I honestly think the ls50/Dev combo in a small room is unbeatable. If you need mega bass, just add a potent sub.
(29-May-2014, 19:15)Bill Wrote:
(29-May-2014, 13:30)Martyn Wrote: Have you had your KEF's hooked up to your Devialet Bill? I've heard they are brilliant!

Indeed, Martyn. Remarkable sound. It is a fantastic combo indeed and is highly recommended.

I have a d premier so can't comment on the SAM'd ls50 sound, which intrigues me.

I honestly think the ls50/Dev combo in a small room is unbeatable. If you need mega bass, just add a potent sub.

Hey, that is absolutely what I am thinking!

Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
(29-May-2014, 22:01)beerman Wrote:

Hi Beerman,

Looking good there. You seemed to have nailed the room placement with the kefs as they need loads of room behind them.

What sub are you using?

Cheers
(29-May-2014, 23:48)Bill Wrote:
(29-May-2014, 22:01)beerman Wrote:

Hi Beerman,

Looking good there. You seemed to have nailed the room placement with the kefs as they need loads of room behind them.

What sub are you using?

Cheers

Sorry Bill, for entering your thread with my photos, but I couldn`t resist as Kef LS50 were mentioned. It is a Linn Melodik Sub.
I want to present my system in detail in a couple of days.

Cheers
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria