Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet D1000 core infinity upgrade
Good evening all,
I have just purchased a D1000 on eBay but it looks like the core infinity upgrade has not been installed.
Can anyone confirm whether this is a free upgrade for this unit?
How do I change the registration to me if someone has already registered the amplifier.
Many thanks 
Dan
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.
I doubt you’ll get a free upgrade now. This was offered to those who upgraded to Pro before the full C/I inclusion was available. The deal was that when available, C/I would be fitted free to those that invested at the time. The situation is different now. I’ve not checked the website recently but Insuspect you are looking at a bill in excess of £6K to bring your units up to date. I might have got this wrong so happy to be corrected.

To change ownership registration you no longer need to rely on the co-operation of the seller to transfer. Just contact Devialet Help, inform them of your new purchase and they will register it to you accordingly. Maybe the best thing to do first as once registered, you’ll be able to access your amps status and you’ll know exactly where you are and what might be involved to bring them to latest spec.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
Hi Greg,
It’s a D1000 already but purchased before core infinity upgrade became available, I thought that this fact makes it eligible for the free upgrade of just core infinity?
Cheers
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.
I’d also say the CI upgrade should be done without cost if it’s already an Expert Pro but of course it’s Devialet who has to approve. I’d surely contact Devialet about your questions
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I did the CI upgrade of mine just a month ago and it did not cost a penny, so I would assume that this is the case for any Expert Pro without the CI...

I also assume that provided the property of the Expert Pro is properly transferred, Devialet does not care that whether this is the first owner, the second owner or a subsequent one.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I think I saw that offer on eBay. Offer seemed like a v good deal if you got a Devialet 1000 pro. You were a braver man than I! Hope it works out. My purchase off eBay last year was v similar. Only a 130 pro, but I did not think to check that it had a ci board. Devialet upgraded it at no cost after it was registered online .
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
(27-May-2019, 20:32)Dannythered Wrote: Good evening all,
I have just purchased a D1000 on eBay but it looks like the core infinity upgrade has not been installed.
How do I change the registration to me if someone has already registered the amplifier.
Many thanks 
Dan

I was looking at that Ebay auction, but the seller had no clue how to tell if the Core Infinity was fitted, despite my several attempts by EBay messages, so I bowed out.

You got a bit of a bargain there, glad it worked out OK for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Many thanks 
Dan
Not often you get a chance to compare the 1000/440 pro side by side with the same gear. Did you manage to do that?
ex-Expert 210 Pro 
[/quote]
Not often you get a chance to compare the 1000/440 pro side by side with the same gear. Did you manage to do that?
[/quote]

My opportunity to compare the 1000 and 440 in my room with my gear was positively surprising, and motivated me to get a 1000.
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Deviousa...7#pid83027
(01-Jun-2019, 14:03)anan Wrote:
Many thanks 
Dan

Good evening Anan,
So no surprise the D1000 is better than a D440, is it a massive difference? No would be my response, it’s
subtle, a bit like the difference between a Linn Akurate and Linn Klimax Ds. The sound is perhaps more 
analogue, smoother, fuller and detailed, the D1000 has tamed the brightness of my Sopras too.
I wouldn’t say the increase in purchase cost is worth the increase in sound quality, I loved the sound of my D440 and only upgraded as the costs were favourable. My D1000 will shortly be going back to Paris for the core infinity upgrade so the D440 will be reinstalled, I will let you you of any other thoughts. In my mind the D440 is the sweet spot in the Devialet line up for sound.