Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master/slave link
(18-Oct-2014, 20:02)mauidan Wrote: Is the cable that comes with the 400 long enough to place the units side by side?
Hi
Yes it is
(20-Oct-2014, 19:22)oxfordaudio Wrote:
(18-Oct-2014, 20:02)mauidan Wrote: Is the cable that comes with the 400 long enough to place the units side by side?
Hi
Yes it is

Thanks for the info.
Going back to my earlier (unanswered!) question, for those not using companion inputs, does the companion display go blank in standby mode?
(21-Oct-2014, 21:17)Confused Wrote: Going back to my earlier (unanswered!) question, for those not using companion inputs, does the companion display go blank in standby mode?

On my 800 the companion display is shut of when it is in standby mode- I am using a rca-xls cable to connect the two amps.
Devialet 1000 Pro, Black Magic DIG-IT MKII RCA-XLR link- Wilson Audio Sophia 3, IsoAcoustic GAIA 1- Roon Nucleus Plus, inboard 8TB SSD, Sbooster power supply- Synergistic Research Atmosphere Devialet Spec AC, Tesla T3 & Hologram D - Synergistic Research PowerCell 10 - Chord English switch, Wireworld Starlight TWINAX CAT 8 - Synergistic Research Tesla Apex speaker cables
                                                                                                                                 Oslo - Norway
(21-Oct-2014, 22:25)Toca Wrote:
(21-Oct-2014, 21:17)Confused Wrote: Going back to my earlier (unanswered!) question, for those not using companion inputs, does the companion display go blank in standby mode?

On my 800 the companion display is shut of when it is in standby mode- I am using a rca-xls cable to connect the two amps.

Exactly the same for me, companion display is shut when shut-down is done with iPhone / iPad and master remain in stand-by. For a complete shut down I need to use the Devialet Remote.
Furniture: USM Acoustic
Audio: Devialet 1000PRO - Mac Mini 2012, I7, Uptone DC conversion/Linear fan controle - Internal SSD - CD/BR LaCie BDXL (rip) - USB Regen - Uptone JS-2 Linear power supply - HD LaCie Thunderbolt
Power: Isotek Aquarius - Vovox power cable
Loudspeakers: Marten Django XL - Vovox Textura LS
(21-Oct-2014, 22:57)Yaduvent Wrote:
(21-Oct-2014, 22:25)Toca Wrote:

Exactly the same for me, companion display is shut when shut-down is done with iPhone / iPad and master remain in stand-by. For a complete shut down I need to use the Devialet Remote.

Sorry for the delay Confused. I'm currently testing some other equipment so had to think about this one. Dodgy

My companion's display is most definitely asleep when in standby mode. This doesn't happen very often since I generally keep my music running 24/7. Tongue

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(19-Oct-2014, 15:15)Confused Wrote: Thanks Frank! Am I correct in assuming that you are using companion inputs? For me, I only once got a companion input working, and on this occasion the configurator also disabled one master input all by itself! This is the only time I had both displays showing "Devialet 800" in standby. I think I am suffering from whatever this bug in the Configurator is doing. Plus, are you using an Mac to create the SD card files? I am wondering if the Configurator bugs are Windows specific?

If any other dual mono users could advise re these points, I would be grateful.

And in reply to @Mauidan's question, the SPDIF cable that came with my recently delivered 250 "companion" is indeed more than long enough to connect the amps side by side. I presume the 400 comes with the same cable?
Hi,

Both displays show 400 in my case and always did with or without the link cable or using the companion inputs. I am a Mac user by the way, never had any problems.
I've got the Crystal Cable cable as well with my 400 though it is not of high standard sound wise and now I use another 75 ohm cable with great success, at least compared to the Crystal one.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
So Toca, Yaduvent, Guillaume and myself are not using companion inputs (I have given up trying to use companion inputs until the configurator bugs are fixed)and the companion display goes blank during shut down.

F1eng uses companion inputs without any issues, and has the companion display showing "Devialet 800" in standby mode. This was also the case for myself, when by a fluke I did make some Config cards that actually allowed a companion input to work. (and at the same time found the configurator disabled a master input, I corrected this, experienced issues with a companion input again, and then gave up trying to use companion inputs.)

Then we have Mikeeo, who has "Devialet 400" displayed on the companion in standby, and does not even have the trigger cable installed!

Ummmm.....

I think I'll try taking my own trigger cable out tonight, to see if this is the key to everything (although I now have this disabled in the config), although I suspect the configurator is playing games somewhere.

@Confused is living up to his tag name with this one.........

Thanks for the input Guys, much appreciated! Perhaps a few others would like to contribute their experiences with this one, with a view to confusing me even more …….
(22-Oct-2014, 13:13)Confused Wrote: So Toca, Yaduvent, Guillaume and myself are not using companion inputs (I have given up trying to use companion inputs until the configurator bugs are fixed)and the companion display goes blank during shut down.

F1eng uses companion inputs without any issues, and has the companion display showing "Devialet 800" in standby mode. This was also the case for myself, when by a fluke I did make some Config cards that actually allowed a companion input to work. (and at the same time found the configurator disabled a master input, I corrected this, experienced issues with a companion input again, and then gave up trying to use companion inputs.)

Then we have Mikeeo, who has "Devialet 400" displayed on the companion in standby, and does not even have the trigger cable installed!

Ummmm.....

I think I'll try taking my own trigger cable out tonight, to see if this is the key to everything (although I now have this disabled in the config), although I suspect the configurator is playing games somewhere.

@Confused is living up to his tag name with this one.........

Thanks for the input Guys, much appreciated! Perhaps a few others would like to contribute their experiences with this one, with a view to confusing me even more …….

Dear Confused!

I have indicated 400 companion with or without the trigger cable. Well I could be Confused 2 as well with allt the problems I had.
At the moment I smooth sailing for once.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
I have 2 different configurations on my D800, both of which work OK. When I change configurations, I power off at the wall, then let both amps come up on the new configs. I found that the units got confused if I changed config in flight, unlike a single D250, which was OK in this regard.