Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 is being replaced
After returning my unit to Kevin Harris in New York last week with the balance issue I've just been notified it will be replaced with a new one. Unit was delivered new with the issue 6 weeks ago. Took about a month to get anyone to move on it. I had to dial in 26-34% increase to left channel to get left-to-right balance centered. Of course I tested it here seven ways to Sunday with different cables, sources and speakers but still had fears like with a new car under warranty, it'll NEVER repeat the problem when at the dealer. Looks like I got lucky and it duplicated the issue in NY. Least I know I'm not crazy... ok, well mostly! I should know more later today or tomorrow on the replacement status.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(02-Jul-2015, 23:50)Manoet Wrote: After returning my unit to Kevin Harris in New York last week with the balance issue I've just been notified it will be replaced with a new one. Unit was delivered new with the issue 6 weeks ago. Took about a month to get anyone to move on it. I had to dial in 26-34% increase to left channel to get left-to-right balance centered. Of course I tested it here seven ways to Sunday with different cables, sources and speakers but still had fears like with a new car under warranty, it'll NEVER repeat the problem when at the dealer. Looks like I got lucky and it duplicated the issue in NY. Least I know I'm not crazy... ok, well mostly! I should know more later today or tomorrow on the replacement status.

Terrible quality control. Inexcusable!!!
Terrible service to wait so long for service. Inexcusable!!!
I will never recommend Devialet to anyone, and will urge folks not to purchase any Devialet product.
Oh wait... it gets worse... LOTS worse! On Tuesday the tech at Kevin Harris's (Devialet Director of US Wholeale) office emails me and says "Received your 200 this morning. I will perform the test this afternoon and get back to you ASAP." I never heard from him again. Yesterday Kevin Harris told my dealer via email that they are replacing the unit. I assume because he talked with the tech in his office. Today I finally get an email from the tech saying he can find nothing wrong with it, that it checks out fine and he'll be sending it back as-is on Monday. I suspect what happened is the tech told Kevin it was screwed... then Kevin sent my dealer an email saying it would be replaced and forwarded it to me. Then the tech, for whatever reason, took 2 days to repair it and then got back to me today saying "nothing wrong, I'm returning it to you." Wonder what Kevin Harris's thinking now? I've got a strong gut-level hunch the balance issue was fixed as I don't believe anyone would have the audacity to send it back as-is. But... ya never know. They've already been caught in lies that are in writing via emails. Our agreement was if it proved to have been broken on arrival it would be replaced, not repaired! Yesterday the Director of US Wholesale for Devialet sends my dealer an email saying it will be replaced! Today a tech sends me an email saying nothings wrong, I'm returning it to you. Well, which is it!?! Repaired? Replaced? Nothing wrong? I didn't sign up for this crap and if I can't get satisfaction I'll get an attorney!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(03-Jul-2015, 23:12)Manoet Wrote: Oh wait... it gets worse... LOTS worse! On Tuesday the tech at Kevin Harris's (Devialet Director of US Wholeale) office emails me and says "Received your 200 this morning. I will perform the test this afternoon and get back to you ASAP." I never heard from him again. Yesterday Kevin Harris told my dealer via email that they are replacing the unit. I assume because he talked with the tech in his office. Today I finally get an email from the tech saying he can find nothing wrong with it, that it checks out fine and he'll be sending it back as-is on Monday. I suspect what happened is the tech told Kevin it was screwed... then Kevin sent my dealer an email saying it would be replaced and forwarded it to me. Then the tech, for whatever reason, took 2 days to repair it and then got back to me today saying "nothing wrong, I'm returning it to you." Wonder what Kevin Harris's thinking now? I've got a strong gut-level hunch the balance issue was fixed as I don't believe anyone would have the audacity to send it back as-is. But... ya never know. They've already been caught in lies that are in writing via emails. Our agreement was if it proved to have been broken on arrival it would be replaced, not repaired. Now they're caught in a web that appears at least deceitful if not outright untrue. I didn't sign up for this crap and if I can't get satisfaction I'll get an attorney!

I'm really sorry that you have to go through this. I know that Devialet recently changed their distribution in the USA, going factory direct. It's amazing to me that the quality control, communications, and inept repairs of Devialet are not recognized on other forums or on product reviews. All I hear is praise. Many owners will be shocked in the future I fear.

My fingers are crossed for you. Musically, Ken
Why don't they just frickin' replace the unit? I don't understand this faffing around.
Rufus, since you asked I'll tell you why I think this is; Customer service is caught up in an existential and unsustainable business philosophy that all their products are world class owned exclusively by world class idiots.
Sorry to hear about your issues with the US distributer and getting your D200 replaced. Just a few weeks ago, I contacted my local dealer about a broken foot and a cosmetic blemish on my D120. I first contacted Devialet support about it, who suggested I speak with my dealer. The dealer then made arrangements for me to drop off the unit to the Canadian distributor. The distributor informed me that they would replace the foot and also try to polish the markings and ordered a special cleaning and polishing solution from Devialet for this. After a three week delay, I was informed that they would replace the unit because they could not re-polish it to their expectations.

They did not offer to replace the unit immediately but I am glad that they did. During the delay, I updated my support ticket with Devialet informing them of where things stood with the case and explained that I wished to have the unit replaced and would escalate the matter if things were not resolved to my satisfaction.

I am glad (and relieved) that I had a positive customer experience but it was the distributor that made it happen.
My unit was just over 3 months old, if that makes any difference.

Stay on them and keep demanding a replacement unit.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
Just keeps getting better & better! Yesterday my Devialet shipped back to me from New York after nothing whatsoever was done to it related to its balance issues. Tracking shows I'll get it next Monday. The director of national sales told my dealer yesterday "if it still has a problem on return, next time we'll just replace it... no questions asked." Apparently they would have me believe the balance issue 'auto-corrected' in the back of a UPS truck en route cross-country to NYC! And further, they'll replace it next time but not this time. So I have to unbox it, hook it up, listen, then call my dealer just like before and say it has a balance issue. But this time I'll get a replacement. Confused yet? Yeah, I don't get it either. "Let's pay for shipping from the western US to NYC, put a tech on it for 3 days, do nothing, pay for shipping back across country then next time we'll replace it AND pay for it to come back to NYC AGAIN plus send another one cross-country AGAIN"... yeah, that's it, that's the ticket!

I've never been more flummoxed in all my life!!