Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popping and hiss with 8.1.2?! Unusable. . .
Just getting back from vacation and updated to the most recent software and my Devialet is now unusable.  There is a popping and hissing that occurs every 5 to 20 seconds that almost sounds like a record skipping.  I am using pure digital content (FLAC, DSD, etc) thru either USB or digital (makes no difference).

Any one else heard of this?

Is there a setting I can turn off to make it go away?

Does anyone have the 8.0 firmware? It doesn't appear to be avail on the site.
Reinstall 8.1.2 and create a new config from scratch first to see if it helps.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

I have a few versions if you still need one after trying the above.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Wink 
(03-Jul-2015, 01:06)actx76092 Wrote: Just getting back from vacation and updated to the most recent software and my Devialet is now unusable.  There is a popping and hissing that occurs every 5 to 20 seconds that almost sounds like a record skipping.  I am using pure digital content (FLAC, DSD, etc) thru either USB or digital (makes no difference).

Does anyone have the 8.0 firmware?  It doesn't appear to be avail on the site.

OK so not just me then! I had this happen last night for the first time, and I have been using 8.1.2 since it came out. It happened on a tracks from different albums, but same QNAP NAS. I switched the D200 off and on (I know these things,  I worked in IT for 35 years Big Grin  ) and played the same tracks and everything was fine after that.

Anybody else out there had something similar?

Graham
Reinstalling firmware and creating a configuration file from scratch hasn't helped?

Certainly something unique in your configurations must be causing the problem, I've never heard of the problem or experienced it. Knock on wood!

No it hasn't. . it has lessened it, which doesn't make any sense to me.

I reseated all cables, etc. Change sourcing. . too weird.

See my email to you re downlevel code.
(03-Jul-2015, 14:40)actx76092 Wrote: No it hasn't. . it has lessened it, which doesn't make any sense to me.

I reseated all cables, etc.  Change sourcing. . too weird.

See my email to you re downlevel code.

SAM?  Have you toggled it on and off?
DPM?  Have you toggled it on and off?
ICM? Have you toggled it on and off?
Wifi?  Is is on?  If so, does turning if off solve the problem.

Just trying to help you do some trouble shooting, so that you can inform Devialet of the problem with details.

(03-Jul-2015, 01:06)actx76092 Wrote: Just getting back from vacation and updated to the most recent software and my Devialet is now unusable.  There is a popping and hissing that occurs every 5 to 20 seconds that almost sounds like a record skipping.  I am using pure digital content (FLAC, DSD, etc) thru either USB or digital (makes no difference).

Does anyone have the 8.0 firmware?  It doesn't appear to be avail on the site.

Had the same and when I took away wifi from the config it all was gone. I'd say it is wifi. As I do not use wifi I am not concerned but for you AIR guys, sorry...

/MIke
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
I had time to work on it this weekend and discovered where the issue is. ..it appears to be in the Auralic Aries when I have a drive attached directly to it. Note that this was a new issue and that my Auralic unit updated software prior to the problem..

Original scenario:
USB Drive -> Auralic Aries-> Devialet D200 via USB (playing via drive or Tidal)
=Bad popping, static, etc.
Scenario 2:
USB Drive -> Auralic Aries-> Devialet D200 via Digital (playing via drive or Tidal)
Powered USB attached Drive -> Auralic Aries-> Devialet D200 via USB (playing via drive or Tidal)

Then I attached the drive to a NAS unit and the problem is gone. I'll send a note to Auralic.
Update - Auralic is aware of the problem and is working to fix it . . .so, in the meantime, don't attach a drive directly to the Aries.