Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iconoclast speaker cables
That may be a little strong. I just see a couple people that are excited an entity like Belden might be willing to pick up moderate to high-end audio cabling and run with it. If true it could be the biggest boon in audio cable design & innovation perhaps ever! Belden is on track to top $3B in global sales this year! Far as I know, no one in the audio cabling industry will do more than a percentage point or two of that, if that. If Belden jumps on board they're positioned to be an immediate contender and leader within a year or two if they stick with it. No one else has the engineering experience, design savvy and diagnostic equipment or resources to run head-to-head with them. They could easily represent the biggest advance to our specific cabling interests we've ever seen! Even if no one here were ever to purchase a Belden branded product its not rocket science to see the potential of having them on board and the promise they offer directly to addressing the advancement of the audiophile's across-the-board cable needs. While I have no need for any cabling today there's no potentially better news for audio cabling that I could imagine. Personally I'm VERY excited that they're 'dabbling' at high-end audio and I wish em all the luck in the world. We personally and all of AVdom at large will benefit if they're successful.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(08-Jul-2015, 22:03)completeluxury Wrote: This thread reads like one big advertisement from 2 posters :/

Complete disclosure: Don't work for Belden, don't work for Hanson. Like stereos, dislike snake oil, build speakers as a hobby and post regularly on the PS Audio forum (whom I also don't work for). I happen to live in the same exotic area of Ohio as the engineer who singularly designed the Iconoclast line because he wanted to put out a product that sounded good for the money, not absurdly expensive. They cost more than he probably wanted but he has no control over that. He is a friend of mine and I am thrilled that he did this on his own time and convinced a big company that thought he was nuts to make these. He has spent 30 years doing nothing other than designing signal transmission cable, is on salary and won't make a dime from the sales. I suggest that you give them a listen and see if you like them, although at this point, being very early on, getting a sample pair may take some leg work but hopefully will this will be easier with time.

Am I enthusiastic? Yes. Do I recommend that you buy a pair? Only if you like them. I hope that doesn't sound like a sales pitch and if it does, many apologies.
"Living in the same area" is actually much different from being friends with him and helps attribute your zest with something other than advertisement!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
It might be a very good loudspeaker cable but even the low purity copper version is not cheap. Made by Belden is in my opinion neither positive nor negative but it is in the price range of many other good or not so good cables. Likely it will be not difficult to find some which are better and many which are worse.
"Devialet might be a very good product but even the 120 is not cheap." Statements like that regarding cheap pricing don't cut much ice at a Devialet forum! Nor do I believe "cheap" should be the deciding factor in anyone's audio component selection. I don't see Belden as any kind of trend-setter in either the upper or lower echelon of cable pricing so much as firmly entrenched in the middle price-wise. From a pure jumping-off point the safest place to launch a new product... neither highest or lowest. Until we start to hear feedback on their line of cabling products I don't think anyone's qualified or capable of making any kind of value statement as it would be pure conjecture. Personally I'll be taking a very interested wait-n-see approach. One things for sure... this is certainly no fly-by-night snake oil operation!!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(09-Jul-2015, 02:54)Music or sound Wrote: It might be a very good loudspeaker cable but even the low purity copper version is not cheap. Made by Belden is in my opinion neither positive nor negative but it is in the price range of many other good or not so good cables. Likely it will be not difficult to find some which are better and many which are worse.

***MODERATOR NOTICE***

I'm really not comfortable with this thread. Too much of a sales pitch for my liking, too much talk about prices and value for money and not enough about how they actually sound compared to other brands of cable. 

I don't mind people talking about products that they love and own (and we especially love shootouts on here!) but price lists and contact details of local dealers and manufacturers is just a step too far. Yellow card...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I agree.

On the Hanson site I could not find Belden. I could find 4 other cable brands.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(09-Jul-2015, 12:22)IanG-UK Wrote: I agree.

On the Hanson site I could not find Belden. I could find 4 other cable brands.

My apologies as I never intended for this to come off as an advertisement.
I hope Belden can produce some cables of audiophile SQ but of reasonable pricing. Thanks for the member(s) who tell us this.