Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital Cables for Devialet
I'm currently shopping around for high-quality digital cables for my Devialet D200. I need an AES/EBU digital cable (XLR) for my Bryston BDP-2 digital player and a SPDIF digital cable (RCA) for my Bryston BCD-1 CD player.

I have my eye on the Crystal Cable CrystalDigit Standard digital cables but was wondering what others are using with their Devialet setup.
im going to need some digital cables soon for my new subs and instead of buying expensive digital cables im probably going to make my own using furutech cables/connectors.

that way i can make the lengths of everything exactly what i need!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
While I personally wouldn't limit cable consideration to F'tech "only" without comparing others, I whole-heartedly agree with their connector use and DIY custom-lengths! With that said however, if you've shopped/compared others and F'tech remains your 1st choice in cable I totally understand/respect that as well!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
I use Cabledyne cables, RCA-XLR link between my D400 and a USB between my Aries and the Devialet. Really nice cables and the price is ok. They make custom lengths and can build it like you want. I went for the silver versions of their cables.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Bryston is selling cables, not tried them myself, but reports are good. I'm using Audience and Chord Sarum, and like them. Didn't like the Crystal digital cable that Devialet shiped with the companion, in my setup it got a bit harsh
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
(07-Jul-2015, 16:04)Manoet Wrote: While I personally wouldn't limit cable consideration to F'tech "only" without comparing others, I whole-heartedly agree with their connector use and DIY custom-lengths! With that said however, if you've shopped/compared others and F'tech remains your 1st choice in cable I totally understand/respect that as well!

mm i get it... but its easy for me!

oh something interesting, if you go into the OEM section on furutechs website and see photos of products that other companies make that use furutech connectors - you will see a crystal cable digital coax that looks suspiciously like our devialet interconnect.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
I think I've seen it in print that Crystal Cables makes the umbilicus that connects the Dev dual mono drive/slave units. I suspect Devialet's decision to do that is based on wanting to partner with a known world class cable maker for the associated high-end name recognition. What I'm less sure of is if CC offers the same quality shielding/metallurgy when "wholesaling" (lowest column pricing) to the OEM market that it produces for the high-end audiophile market. I personally haven't seen one but there's been many incidents of Devialet people with dual monos wanting to audition other cables than the provided OEM umbilicus which is hugely surprising to me if in fact its coming from Crystal Cables or perhaps more aptly, if its indeed the same quality that CC markets to the industry outside their new OEM relationship with Devialet. Apparently that OEM CC interconnect isn't blowing a lot of cool breezes up 400/800 owner's skirts.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
i doubt that crystal cable would tarnish their name for major amp brands but honestly - who knows.

The only reason i would feel a need to change the interconnect cable is if i wanted to move my devialets further apart on my bench for aesthetics.
I just went over and looked at Furutech's site and checked out the OEM section. If the Devialet umbilicus looks like the multi-conductor spiral-wound digital cable in that pic then it "should" be an exceptionally good digital cable! But I suspect its likely one of the identical appearing but smaller AWG diameter digital cable options as some of Crystal's larger diameter digital pairs closely parallel the cost of a 400 per meter and surpass the MSRP (RRP) of an 800 in terminated multi meter pairs. But I agree that Gabi isn't likely to compromise the brand. She's a pretty sharp cookie business-wise and a nice lady to boot!

But still leaves me wondering why so many are clamoring for a different driver/slave interconnect unless curiosity-driven or perhaps not fully understanding just how detailed and good that cable is. Or of course, like you, merely wanting to increase distance between units which is understandable.
oh manoet i dont mean the cable on the CC is the same - furutech uses different cable than that.

its the actual connector ends!

nordost uses furutech on the high end stuff power cables... you can see on a lot of the CC RCA cables that they look like the high end furutech connectors as well.

i still cant find the cable that the devialet interconnect could be on the CC website though.