Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arnaud's system
Hi all,
Nothing really fancy here, just a Devialet Ensemble running with Roon: pure moments of joy exploring my music collection.
Best regards,
Arnaud

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Synology DS414 > Roon Optimized Core Kit on NUC7i7BNH > Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI (upgraded from D120) > Cabasse Galion IV (vintage)
Very nice - what speaker stands are you using?

Not at all envious of the Surface Pro, no, not at all.
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
Cool room...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
I think a Surface Pro running AIR makes a rather neat set up. How well does this work? Any issues with AIR? Stuttering or dropouts etc.?

Although I notice that you also use a Macbook Pro and NAS. Would you mind sharing exactly how you use the Surface Pro in your set up?
Welcome, Arnaud. May I ask are you using AIR to stream to your Devialet from your Surface Pro?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Hi guys,

I'm using a headless MacMini for "Core" library management with Roon, the music being stored on a Synology NAS. The Mac is connected to my D120 thru USB and by RJ45 (Ethernet) to the Synology via a gigabit switch. In fact, the Roon/AIR connection on Yosemite was quite disappointing, with lots of cracking/jitter both over Wi-Fi and Ethernet.

The Surface Pro 3 (running Windows 10) is running the "Remote" client of Roon over Wi-Fi.

Also, I tried AIR on Windows 10 over Wi-Fi (the latest beta driver) as well as the USB and ASIO drivers: all are working perfectly fine.

In term of music library management, I use a MacBookPro with XLD and iTunes with its music folder on the NAS. It's a bit slow over Wi-Fi so when importing CDs, I'm connected directly to the switch.

Now I finally have a stable system with almost no buzzing from the IT part as the MacMini is fan-less and the Synology is in a cabinet Wink

Best regards,

Arnaud

PS: the stands are the Norstone Kubben ones from the Ensemble bundle.
Synology DS414 > Roon Optimized Core Kit on NUC7i7BNH > Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI (upgraded from D120) > Cabasse Galion IV (vintage)
We've about the same setup. I have Mac Mini as Roon Core and a Toshiba WT-8 (Win8.1) as Roon Remote. My NAS is QNAP, also far away in another room.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Stands - thanks. :-)

"MacMini is fan-less" - I hope not, all Mac Mini's have small VERY quiet fans over the CPU :-)

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK