Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
36.84%
28 36.84%
No
63.16%
48 63.16%
Total 76 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll: Are you affected by the hissing problem?
Hello,

Freshly registered in the forum, and freshly owner of two white Phantoms and Dialog, I'm one of the hissing "victims" :-) 

First of all, I'd like to say that I never had such an audio quality equipment.

Still, I'm a little confused by this issue for a system claiming such neutrality and fidelity of sound...Though I wouldn't say it really affects the listening.
I'm just curious about the origin of this noise ( which is very close to the setup routine sound briefly emited by the twitter, kind of pressure valve)
In a certain way, this hissing sounds like a noise canceler ( no scientific theory, just a feeling). But still, not what is expected from a "neutral"system.
Tweeter, sorry Smile
Good news!
I've received an answer from Devialet support. Kudos for quick reply! It seems like it is a software problem and the coming firmware updates will get rid of the problem.
I quote:
"Devialet Support (Devialet)
Jul 13, 08:24

Dear Ragnar,

Thank you for your message.

Indeed our engineers are aware of this issue and are working on a solution. This noise will be progressively decreased in each new update of the firmware. One should by the way be issues around the end of July.

We will do our best to keep you informed on this point.

Best regards,

Océane Turpin

Customer Care"
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I asked Devialet customer service if all units are affected, this is what they replied:

"Devialet Support (Devialet)
Jul 13, 13:51

Dear Ragnar,

It depends on the products. The noise has been variable from unit to unit but overall its level is quite general. Which is why any kind of improvements will affect any level of this noise.

We hope to bring it to none (noise) with several update and a lot of work.

Best regards,

Océane"
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
If software, why are some affected and some not? I had been wondering if it was a power problem, meaning with outlets that may not be as clean, there is hissing . But apparently not as this is software oriented.
(13-Jul-2015, 15:54)MountainGuy Wrote: If software, why are some affected and some not?  I had been wondering if it was a power problem, meaning with outlets that may not be as clean, there is hissing . But apparently not as this is software oriented.

Power Problem would not completly exclude software issue/solution. Are "hissing victims" may be based in UK? Or have they the newest phantoms with integrated bluetooth? Seems that the issue is quite new since there is no mention of it in early posts in devialetchat (may be mistaking on this point).
Got 2x 4-month old whites, continental europe power supply and couldn't notice any hissing.
Thank you, ragwo, for the feedback Smile

Their customer care sure is prompt.
I have 2 Silver Phantoms + Dialog. I do have the hissing problem and it's very present and anoying!

I live in the Netherlands and have recently moved houses. In both cases I have the hissing problem. My new home is brand spanking new, so power must be top notch I suppose. Futhermore I've tried to put the Phantoms and Dialog on the same unfiltered power strip, but this did not help at all. I've also contacted Dev and they replied on June 29th:

"About the noise, indeed some product can have it, it really depends of their assembling process. Our engineers should progressively implement reducing fixes in the next firmware updates, but there are no setup trick at all.

We will let you know as soon as the next firmware is available and then please do a test with this in order to assess this noise importance."

So this points in the direction of hardware differences...

I will eventually only accept a dead silent product, so I do hope for Dev they can fix it. I'll send them another mail, now I'm writing this.

@Vince_JP: I was about the first to receive the Silver Phantoms and using them for about 5 months now. I dont have the bluetooth module. It's not a new problem.
Devialet 250PRO - Audio Physic Avantera - AIR-ETH - Roon
Dialog and 2 Silver Phantoms. 4 hiss-free months with computer stored files, qobuz or CD transport..
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(13-Jul-2015, 18:36)invader Wrote: I have 2 Silver Phantoms + Dialog. I do have the hissing problem and it's very present and anoying!

I live in the Netherlands and have recently moved houses. In both cases I have the hissing problem. My new home is brand spanking new, so power must be top notch I suppose. Futhermore I've tried to put the Phantoms and Dialog on the same unfiltered power strip, but this did not help at all. I've also contacted Dev and they replied on June 29th:

"About the noise, indeed some product can have it, it really depends of their assembling process. Our engineers should progressively implement reducing fixes in the next firmware updates, but there are no setup trick at all.

We will let you know as soon as the next firmware is available and then please do a test with this in order to assess this noise importance."

So this points in the direction of hardware differences...

I will eventually only accept a dead silent product, so I do hope for Dev they can fix it. I'll send them another mail, now I'm writing this.

@Vince_JP: I was about the first to receive the Silver Phantoms and using them for about 5 months now. I dont have the bluetooth module. It's not a new problem.

bold: What are your options?

Maybe you should ask them what your options are if they eventually give up, because a fix is not found. Just a worse case scenario thought.