Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom does not respond
hello

I just got a new phantom and tried it without the dialog. However, later when I tried connecting using the dialog, it asked to update software. For some reason the update was not completed and now I can't get the phantom to respond when I place my hand on top. What can I do?

Please help

Thanks
Ash
Hi Ash, please try to do following procedure: reconnect the Phantom from the power outlet. Wait for at least 30s. Connect tot he power outlet. Then press back button 3 times. The system is now fully reset. Then start the Spark app. Good luck!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(13-Jul-2015, 16:20)devialetstore Wrote: Hi Ash, please try to do following procedure: reconnect the Phantom from the power outlet. Wait for at least 30s. Connect tot he power outlet. Then press back button 3 times. The system is now fully reset. Then start the Spark app. Good luck!

Hello

Thanks a lot. This solved my issue. One more question. How does one switch it off or is it ok to just stop the songs.

Thanks
Ash
Hi Ash, due to the fact that Phantoms do not (yet) have a standby modus, you better stop the song if you want to end your music session. According to Devialet, they working on a standby modus (which automatically decrease power consumption). Further -in line with the setup procedure- you then can place your hand on the Phantom in order to get the unit in standby!

(13-Jul-2015, 18:38)devialetstore Wrote: Hi Ash, due to the fact that Phantoms do not (yet) have a standby modus, you better stop the song if you want to end your music session. According to Devialet, they working on a standby modus (which automatically decrease power consumption). Further -in line with the setup procedure- you then can place your hand on the Phantom in order to get the unit in standby!

Thanks a lot. This is very helpful.

Ash
(13-Jul-2015, 16:20)devialetstore Wrote: Hi Ash, please try to do following procedure: reconnect the Phantom from the power outlet. Wait for at least 30s. Connect tot he power outlet. Then press back button 3 times. The system is now fully reset. Then start the Spark app. Good luck!

Hi @ Devialetstore - I'm new to these parts and have been searching for threads related to the issue I'm experiencing with my new Phantom. 

Bluetooth works great; however, I can't seem to get the wifi activated - have tried the reset and no results. The Phantom does not do the breathing thing. In addition, the Spark app says "Phantom" missing, and putting my hand on the top of the unit also does nothing. 

Devialet support suggested returning the unit to Devialet, but that seems drastic. Do you have any troubleshooting tips for this situation?

Thanks!
THIS IS THE WORST PIECE OF CRAP TECHNOLOGY I HAVE EVER USED, AND THAT IS SAYING SOMETHING IN THIS DAY AND AGE.

ANYBODY HERE THAT ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT CUSTOMER SERVICE? OR ABOUT PRODUCING A PRODUCT THAT IS WORTH A TENTH OF WHAT I PAID FOR THIS THING?

DEVIALET AND $2700 FROM MY WALLET, PERMANENTLY MISSING.

NICE POWER BUTTON. OH, WAIT, IT'S NOT A POWER BUTTON, IT'S A RESET BUTTON BECAUSE THAT'S HOW DEVIALET THINKS YOU SHOULD FIX THINGS, CONSTANT RESETS.

I'M GOING TO DO A YOUTUBE TRAGICOMEDY ON THIS FINE HUNK OF UNRESPONSIVE PLASTIC AND STEEL: "WAITING FOR PHANTOM." JUST LIKE WITH BECKETT, THE MAIN CHARACTER NEVER APPEARS, AND YET THE IDIOT CUSTOMER CONTINUES TO ACCEPT EXCUSES AND CRAP TECH AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.

YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES.
junglebeam, in case you didn't read the big friendly text at the top of the page, Devialet Chat is the "Unofficial Owners' Forum". So when you refer to "YOU" and "YOU GUYS", you are not talking to anyone at Devialet.

You should contact Devialet customer support if you are not happy with the Phantom. I believe it is possible to return it within 30 days of purchase if you don't like it.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK