Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote : add screen and remove proprietary tech
(16-Jul-2014, 17:34)jjo Wrote:
(16-Jul-2014, 14:36)beerman Wrote: Ok, can you give an example?
If I had a way to reproduce it at any given time, I would have made a bug report already Smile But sometimes when I launch the app, it detects my Devialet without any problems, it allows me to click on it to start it, but it does not start and after a timeout it just shows me the same screen as when starting the app.

I have done some analysis of the network protocol used to control Devialet over the network ( in order to create a desktop app to start my unit and change inputs etc. ) but I have not yet caught a message that would attempt to start the unit but doesn't.

Ok, sorry to hear this. My app works like it should, I had never a problem with it.
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
I asked devialet if they would open their protocol specs for air and the remote protocol but they told me, that they are not willing to do so.

I was eager to write an Linux air driver which could run directly on my NAS.

I started some reverse engineering from network trace, but didn't find the time yet to go deeper.
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(15-Jul-2014, 14:38)f1eng Wrote:
(15-Jul-2014, 10:51)Georgethesixth Wrote: The remote control from Devialet is a piece of art. It has one major drawback : it uses apparantly a proprietary wireless technology (according to Thierry).

We use a technical room to store the A/V equipment to solve some problems with background noise. Unfortunately the wireless signal between remote and Devialet cannot be established.

Devialet is kind enough to provide an RS-232 interface to custom installers. Since he 7.x and iOS client update, we can send a wake up signal to the Devialet which solved the functionality problem we had.

It is still a pity we cannot use the remote however. A remote with a build in screen (in the middle of the ring) and a signal that can be transported over an 'open' technology like zigby, enocean etc, would be nice.

Back at the beginning, way before there was a phone app I discussed the idea of a remote with screen in it with Devialet. The problem would be battery life, apparently, and would require a very major redesign. The phone app does look good but I much prefer the actual rotary control on the remote.
Sadly it is not very convenient to mount my amps vertically due to windows and radiators being where they would ideally be. I want to see the screen.

For my part, I would be happy to load the remote every day.
(17-Jul-2014, 11:00)Georgethesixth Wrote:
(15-Jul-2014, 14:38)f1eng Wrote:
(15-Jul-2014, 10:51)Georgethesixth Wrote: The remote control from Devialet is a piece of art. It has one major drawback : it uses apparantly a proprietary wireless technology (according to Thierry).

We use a technical room to store the A/V equipment to solve some problems with background noise. Unfortunately the wireless signal between remote and Devialet cannot be established.

Devialet is kind enough to provide an RS-232 interface to custom installers. Since he 7.x and iOS client update, we can send a wake up signal to the Devialet which solved the functionality problem we had.

It is still a pity we cannot use the remote however. A remote with a build in screen (in the middle of the ring) and a signal that can be transported over an 'open' technology like zigby, enocean etc, would be nice.

Back at the beginning, way before there was a phone app I discussed the idea of a remote with screen in it with Devialet. The problem would be battery life, apparently, and would require a very major redesign. The phone app does look good but I much prefer the actual rotary control on the remote.
Sadly it is not very convenient to mount my amps vertically due to windows and radiators being where they would ideally be. I want to see the screen.

For my part, I would be happy to load the remote every day.

+1 - happy to leave in charger if that's what's needed. Not seeing the display is a pain!
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
I've read in more than one article that the Devialet does use ZigBee for the remote. Regarding the display on the remote they could use an e-ink display to reduce the battery drain. It wouldn't need to refresh all that often. The only thing I could see being a problem are the level meters they added recently.

I hope that they add a tablet app with more control than the current ios app. It would be great to change the loading on a cartridge without having to use the configurator and SD card. Seeing all the information on the display in the app would be great too.

While I making a list I guess I'll list all my wishes. DSD support (not sure how that will work with SAM though); DLNA support with a tablet app similar to the Lumin player app, and including more control of the devialet functions; and have the devialet appear as an airplay device so we could stream from ios apps to the devialet.
(17-Jul-2014, 17:59)DJ 04 Wrote: I've read in more than one article that the Devialet does use ZigBee for the remote. Regarding the display on the remote they could use an e-ink display to reduce the battery drain. It wouldn't need to refresh all that often. The only thing I could see being a problem are the level meters they added recently.

I hope that they add a tablet app with more control than the current ios app. It would be great to change the loading on a cartridge without having to use the configurator and SD card. Seeing all the information on the display in the app would be great too.

While I making a list I guess I'll list all my wishes. DSD support (not sure how that will work with SAM though); DLNA support with a tablet app similar to the Lumin player app, and including more control of the devialet functions; and have the devialet appear as an airplay device so we could stream from ios apps to the devialet.

In March, I asked Devialet about wireless extension. Thierry responded 'The RF protocole we use is not a genuine Zigbee one and therefore it would be difficult to use it for integration purposes.' I would love to test it, but the equipment is a bit expensive to buy without guaranteed success.
(15-Jul-2014, 22:02)Jwg1749 Wrote: Is there any reason why the Devialet iPad remote app can't show the same data as the Devialet display? I assume that more and more features will be added to the remote app in time, but I can't see why they don't do it all at once.

Matt

+1. I would love to be able to access at least the same functions I do have on the remote. I don't understand why I cannot change the balance and tone using the ipad, or switch my RIAA curve. To be honest, as much I love the remote design, 3 buttons are becoming in-sufficient for the functions you need. For example right now I have source/RIAA curve/Balance-tone. But sometimes I would love to have a mute button so I need to use the ipad for that. In another post I asked for a switch from stereo to mono for old vinyl but that would require to give up a function on my remote and would be a difficult choice. Devialet could add all this stuff to the app and even if you nee to use the remote to switch the ampli on at least from teh point onward you can just go on with the ipad. This would solve the screen display problem as well

M