Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New flagship store opening!
The Harrods outlet closing wouldn't be a great loss as it's a horribly small space, and impossible to hear anything properly in the 'listening room' - the other Phantoms running full tilt right outside drowning out anything you might want to listen to.

They might keep it open though for the 'luxury' element, and since their target audience of rich and famous people shop there in reasonable numbers.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(13-Nov-2015, 23:14)Hifi_swlon Wrote: The Harrods outlet closing wouldn't be a great loss as it's a horribly small space, and impossible to hear anything properly in the 'listening room' - the other Phantoms running full tilt right outside drowning out anything you might want to listen to.

They might keep it open though for the 'luxury' element, and since their target audience of rich and famous people shop there in reasonable numbers.

Having visited the Harrods outlet yesterday, and spent some time talking to the  Devialet Concession Manager (Alina Kozlovskaja), I understand that there will be 2 outlets - Harrods and Westfield.

I agree that the Harrods outlet is very far from ideal - too noisy and cluttered. To have a sensible conversation we needed to go into the listening room to talk - but I suppose that if your marketing philosophy is now akin to selling up market handbags, and not sophisticated electronics, what do you expect Sad. I at least had an opportunity to air my own personal views about Devialet (and I stress that they were my own views) and its lack of a proper support network, its lack of proper customer feedback, and issues AIR. I have to admit that Alina seemed to listen and take my points seriously - she took a lot of notes and promised to feedback to Paris (for whatever good that will do!). I did learn that there is now a recently appointed Service/Support Manager in the UK called Antoine - did anyone know this? It is this sort of info that Devialet need to let us know - I did mention that, in the early days, Devialet had an e-mail News Sheet which now seems to have died a death (at least I haven't seen one recently) - symptomatic of the "mushroom" mentality that now seems to prevail in Devialet management - feed us plenty of Phantom bullsh*** and keep Expert users in the dark (sorry, no offence intended to our Phantom Owning colleagues, but just expressing my frustrations as an Expert range owner Sad ). It seems that every e-mail I now receive from Devialet is to do with marketing Phantom - it's as though their Expert range did not now exist (anyway that's my view).

I did also learn that the Gold version, mentioned elsewhere by Guillame, will be a D900 (increased power!), but no further details because I believe it will be the subject of a "marketing push" very soon - don't press me for more details because I do not have them Smile .
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Thanks for the update David.

So that's what Antoine's been up to reading Devialet's job vacancies ... Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
So, Thumb, you do think our own Antoine is THAT Antoine...? Hmmm... Now I understand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Hahaha, guys I can assure you it's a different Antoine, not yours truly! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands