Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any weekend tweaks?
Opt out of Devialet altogether. Walk away and call it a day. If its small, all-in-one size weren't so meaningful to me I would've walked away within the first month of ownership as I'm simply not as gah-gah over its SQ as most seem to be and can easily match (note I didn't say 'better!") it's SQ with my 2nd system at 65% of the buy-in price and already have cabling in-house to support that move's additional costs associated with a typical 3-box setup so those additional costs don't affect me in any way. I mean the Devialet is good, very good but so is my primary back-up system. I'm simply not as enamored with or enchanted by Devialet or it's SQ as many here seem to be. Purely "my" neurosis and no one else's. If I stay its only because I feel I have a better than 50/50 chance of improving things SQ-wise at the cost of my warranty and I question the wisdom of considering it. Without an improvement in sound I'd rather someone else who can find the magic in it as-is enjoy it with a nice, long warranty.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!