Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom as a DLNA/UPnP device
Hi,

I'm considering buying a Phantom and can't seem to find an an answer to this question :

Can the Phantom be configured to appear as a DLNA/UPnP device for a media server ?

Specifically, I use JRiver Media Center (JRMC) and JRemote to send audio to different media players around the house, configured as "Zones" for JRMC media server.

I would like to use the same setup to control the Phantom.

Thanks !
Sorry, for time being you can't
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(28-Jul-2015, 20:29)ragwo Wrote: Sorry, for time being you can't

Ok. Thanks !

I guess that would be my dream setup... Devialet seems to be on the cutting edge with audio hardware, but not so much with software.
I guess one could use the optical input of the Phantom connected to a computer running JRMC or Roon.
(29-Jul-2015, 12:45)JP_ Wrote: I guess one could use the optical input of the Phantom connected to a computer running JRMC or Roon.

Yes, this is currently the only way.
I'm also missing UPnp /Dlna
I'd like to use MusicBee as a DLNA player and cast my music to the Phantom or at least see my Musicbee library on Spark.
This is something i can do with my Yamaha soundbar and stream music from MusicBee/FooBar to remote speakers

It's been over a year that Devialet said they would support Upnp :
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...A0-Phantom-

A free update in the future will allow access to NAS servers, which integrates UPnP technologies, to be connected to PHANTOM via DIALOG, the Wi-Fi router by DEVIALET.

But i really doubt they can be able to do it.

The Dialog is working as a router and is also manages the WIFI 2.4 / 5 GHz frequencies
The entire local network is sadly double NAT"ed" which makes impossible the other audio, dlna, devices belonging to the network managed by your internet provider to communicate properly with Devialet owns network.