Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
8.1??which version
Ok I am still on 7.1.3 i think. Well it is the same firmware as when i bought my 200 in Feb this year.

I saved an email from Devialet about a month ago with a view to upgrading when i have the time and bravery to attempt it Big Grin

I delayed as I have headphone amp and it took me long time to get my configuration right , and I now may have time over this weekend. However as per other posts it appears that there may be a newer version?
I am also hoping that it may help with my AIR issues, as it appears to have helped others.
Is there a newer version and how will I find instructions on how to do the firmware upgrade? Will it still save all my other settings, like SAM, wireless settings and Pre Outs for my headphone amp?

Anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in anticipation.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I think you need to redo your config from 7.1.3 to 8.X FW. In any case, you can first save your dp_cfg.txt onto your computer. Download the 8.1.3beta (link from Rufus in another thread) and unzip all files to your SD card. And copy your previous dp_cfg.txt onto the same SD card with the new FW. Insert the SD card into Devialet, press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds until you see RESET with 5 second countdown, let go of the power button and let your Devialet do the updating. When done, it will ask you to press power button to restart. It will then reload your config file. Power on your Devialet and see if it works. If not, then just redo your config file and slot it into Devialet, and it will automatically update with the latest config file.

Good luck.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Thanks for the help. I am no computer expert so i did not really understand your message so I decided to follow the instructions in the email from Devialet.

I did this to the letter and it more or less lost all of my saved settings. The CD player could not be heard, the headphone amp did not work. I therefore signed in to the configurator and proceeded to change a few things. if I am honest I did this from memory and did the SAM again, configured the Digital to Pre Outs and did the SAM again for my 23s. Surely I do not have to do this every time there is a firmware upgrade?

Anyway everything worked apart from my headphones only played through the left speaker.....again I managed to sort this.

So its done but one question, why do I have to start from scratch with my configurater if it is already saved on the SD card? Am i missing something obvious here?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(31-Jul-2015, 12:48)Womaz Wrote: Thanks for the help. I am no computer expert so i did not really understand your message so I decided to follow the instructions in the email from Devialet.

I did this to the letter and it more or less lost all of my saved settings. The CD player could not be heard, the headphone amp did not work. I therefore signed in to the configurator and proceeded to change a few things. if I am honest I did this from memory and did the SAM again, configured the Digital to Pre Outs and did the SAM again for my 23s. Surely I do not have to do this every time there is a firmware upgrade?

Anyway everything worked apart from my headphones only played through the left speaker.....again I managed to sort this.

So its done but one question, why do I have to start from scratch with my configurater if it is already saved on the SD card? Am i missing something obvious here?

I do believe that when going from 7.1.3 to 8.1.X a new configuration is required. When I first did it, I had a message in the display on my Master Unit telling  me that I needed to raise a new Configuration file. I think it is something to do with the new SAM.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Thanks for the reply, it does seem a little crazy that you have to do all of this again.
(31-Jul-2015, 18:33)Womaz Wrote: Thanks for the reply, it does seem a little crazy that you have to do all of this again.

Hi Womaz,

I think that it only applied between 7.1.3 and 8.1.x. Hopefully you won't have to do it again for further variants of 8.1.x unless you wish to add further configuration options per the latest issue of the Configurator, as per Guillaume's earlier posting on this.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK