Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Wifi & Ethernet - Sound Quality
As a newbie I have a question.
  • At the moment I'm using Air via Ethernet.
  • For my wife I want to enable wifi for Tidal / Spotify.
If wifi and Ethernet are enabled at the same time is there a negative impact on sound quality for Air Ethernet?

Your input is appreciated!

Arjan
Devialet 220pro - Sonus Faber Olympica II - Moon Neo 260D - Oppo BDP103 - Lessloss DFPC Signature - Lessloss Firewall - Intel NUC - AQ USB Coffee

The Netherlands
I've switched off Wifi on the Devialet now, because I cannot get a stable enough Wifi connection for AIR, but I've never noticed any negative impact on sound quality. When using the Phono input there is the option of putting Wifi in standby, but that's only for phono. You do know you can safely and easily try out things like this to test by building multiple configs and saving them on your PC or on different 4GB SD cards?  
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Thanks! I will buy another SD card to experiment with the settings. Devialet is an adventure coming from a Musical Fidelity amp.
Devialet 220pro - Sonus Faber Olympica II - Moon Neo 260D - Oppo BDP103 - Lessloss DFPC Signature - Lessloss Firewall - Intel NUC - AQ USB Coffee

The Netherlands
(14-May-2015, 19:49)Arjan Wrote: Thanks! I will buy another SD card to experiment with the settings. Devialet is an adventure coming from a Musical Fidelity amp.

Hi Arjan

There's no need to buy another card. The configurator saves all config files you create. Just give them a different name. They can be accessed under the My Configuration tab when you log into your account. You can always re-download them and put them back on the card (just make sure the SD card is not locked). Alternately, you can drag and drop the existing config file from the SD card to your computer and keep it should you wish to restore.  I have 2 saved configurations (one that does not put the amp in standby mode and one that does). I also plan on creating a few more that disable/enable the new DPM feature. 

It might seem scary but it's not. Once you get your configuration file on your SD card, as soon as you insert it into the Devialet, it will upload the new settings. 

Hope this helps.
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
Ants is all correct! Just provide a different name for each file..

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net