Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any 400 Owners near Ottawa, Canada.
I'm trying to find the time, to get to Montreal and listen to a set of 400's
With my crazy work load, its not going to happen very soon.

If there is a member in the Ottawa area who has a set of 400's and wouldn't mind
letting me demo them at his/her place that would help me out a lot.

Thanks Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(03-Aug-2015, 22:56)BrianT Wrote: I'm trying to find the time, to get to Montreal and listen to a set of 400's

If there is a member in the Ottawa area who has a set of 400's and wouldn't mind

Thanks Brian

Brian

I am located outside of TO just past Hamilton.
I was only able to listen to a D200 before taking a leap of faith and going for a pair of D400s. My friend bought a D200. He is saving his pennies to get a Companion. There is, in my setup, no real comparison between a D200 and a pair of D400s. Better soundstage, lower noise floor, better dynamics. Really, if you like the D200, you will love the D400.

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
(03-Aug-2015, 22:56)BrianT Wrote: I'm trying to find the time, to get to Montreal and listen to a set of 400's

Thanks Brian

Brian

If you would be willing to spring for gas for my Matrix, and have a place for me to crash overnight. I would be up for a road trip with my 400s (and maybe some other toys). Smile

Kerry
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
(04-Aug-2015, 12:56)MusicFirst Wrote:

Thanks Brian

Brian

If you would be willing to spring for gas for my Matrix, and have a place for me to crash overnight.  I would be up for a road trip with my 400s (and maybe some other toys). Smile

Kerry

Kerry

Kerry I'm sorry I did not reply, I total missed this post. That would have been a great idea.
anyhow I yesterday I picked up a D400, will set it up on the weekend. Really looking forward to it.
Can you tell me where you got your SP/DIF - AES/EBU cable from, i hoping it was somewhere in Canada.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.