Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy Thought?!?
Shocked 
I've always had a reverence for those with the time, patience and funds to put together a nice vinyl rig. I have a fear that getting heavily into vinyl would cause my marriage distress Confused

I do realize that my Devialet 200 has an amazing phono option with the capacity to record vinyl to digital, and there are quite a few albums that I have some interest in.

I'd have a hard time justifying a nice record player to make a copy of an album I would then store and listen to the digital copy (IF the digital copy was on the same par as the original vinyl).

Are there any companies out there that take your vinyl and transfer it to a high resolution digital copy?

Any thoughts?
(04-Aug-2015, 18:15)jogo77 Wrote: Are there any companies out there that take your vinyl and transfer it to a high resolution digital copy?  

Not sure about the "high resolution" part, but otherwise, Google says yes - for example Audio Restored (Brentwood, Essex, UK).  Looks like they have some nice kit to do it with.  Not a cheap undertaking, though, at £12 per LP side!

Having digitised several hundred albums myself, I can say that is a pretty time-consuming process if you do it properly.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK