Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB input 'louder'?
AIR bypasses iTunes and system settings like volume and only takes the information which file is to be played and than streams the file directly to the Dev Expert.
When I go via USB I set the iTunes volume level and the system volume level to max. This results in equal volume as with AIR on my iMac.

I got myself the "bitperfect" software from the Mac AppStore. It acts like AIR on the USB side, reading files and sending it directly to the DAC. On the Mac this solves the problem that you have to manually adjust the output sampling rate for USB in the audioMIDIsetup. Bitperfect looks into the file and configures the output sample rate on the fly.

In the beginning I asked Devialet what I have to consider to get the unmodified music to the Devialet Expert. They only suggested to use AIR, which is not stable in my surroundings, at least with 24/196.

Cheers,

Krisp
plus can you air dsd files?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)