Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR and Win10
I never get white noise with Windows 10 and AIR 2.1.4beta4. This is with a standard "non audio optimised" PC. In fact some days it works absolutely perfectly. However, on other days it works fine for a while, then drifts into a phase of occasional stuttering. This can be cured, for a while at least, by closing and re-starting AIR. I obviously need to track down what my PC is doing to upset AIR on those bad days.

Referring to posts elsewhere on this forum, it strikes me as strange that Devialet support are advising that Windows 10 is not supported by AIR. Why is this? Based on my own experience, and that of many others who have posted here, Windows 10 plus AIR is the most stable combination so far. So why are Devialet making this "Windows 10 is not supported" statement. Perhaps cynical, but I wonder if this is just a smoke screen to cover up the fact that AIR is not really fully stable with any recent versions of Windows?
I believe the USB driver Devialet supplies isn't even officially supported on Windows 8...it's a 1.x version of the XMOS oem driver, support for newer than Windows 7 came with the 2.x versions. They do work fine though but they haven't passed any official certification.

It's unbelievable that Devialet doesn't update their AiR or USB drivers to support all the new operation systems (Mac included) or even communicates about it. Their arrogance will kill their company one day. I no longer recommend the brand to anyone.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
If you are using Win10 and getting BSOD (system rebooting), please check if you have updated any recent Win10 updates. Use Event Viewer to check what causes the rebooting. If it is a bugcheck, most likely it is due to a recent Win10 updates. If so, go to Updates, check under recent updates history and uninstall all recent updates.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier