Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR and Win10
I have a Windows 10 laptop dedicated to Roon only connected via ethernet to the Airport Extreme router which is one foot away. I also have the Devialet connected via ethernet to the same router, again one foot away.

My music is on a NAS, connected to the second Airport Extreme via ethernet. This second router is one floor below. Both Apple Extreme's are the latest model with 802.11ac communications between the two routers. Both show TX rates of > 700Mbps at their respective locations. The NAS is dedicated and used for music playback only.

I was able to use Devialet Air as opposed to the Devialet ASIO USB driver on this Windows laptop for about 20 minutes. Then as it as playing a 24/192 album, PFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT, white noise at a loud volume. No more experiments with AIR in the foreseeable future for me.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
is anybody else using airport extremes?

they are terrible.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(11-Aug-2015, 05:44)baddog Wrote: I have a Windows 10 laptop dedicated to Roon only connected via ethernet to the Airport Extreme router which is one foot away. I also have the Devialet connected via ethernet to the same router, again one foot away.

My music is on a NAS, connected to the second Airport Extreme via ethernet. This second router is one floor below. Both Apple Extreme's are the latest model with 802.11ac communications between the two routers. Both show TX rates of > 700Mbps at their respective locations. The NAS is dedicated and used for music playback only.

I was able to use Devialet Air as opposed to the Devialet ASIO USB driver on this Windows laptop for about 20 minutes. Then as it as playing a 24/192 album, PFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT, white noise at a loud volume. No more experiments with AIR in the foreseeable future for me.

My router is an old TP-Link WR841N v7. Both my NUC and D200 are wired connected to this router. Devialet AIR buffer is set at 1000ms, and WASAPI bit perfect enabled. I had tried using both AIR-ETH and AIR-wifi with no issue in playing music files up to 24/192 and even DSD/DSF, using Roon as music player. My music is stored on a NAS, on lower floor, wired to another router.

Roon is set with Exclusive and Event Driven mode, Fixed Volume, DSD over PCM.

Don't be afraid to explore more, just set your D200 volume lower to ensure smooth playing before turning it louder.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I didn't realize one could get sound via Devialet Air when using Exclusive mode with Roon. However I did not think to ply with the buffer, good idea. I will give it another go as out setups reasonably similar. Plus I did not have bit perfect enabled.

I will say that using this same network with an Auralic I have been able to use the Aries to play via the wireless network 24/192 and DSD64, DSD128 and DSD 256 files with nary a hiccup.

Thanks for the setup tips.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(11-Aug-2015, 04:54)Will Wrote: I have also upgraded to Windows 10 and, following comments posted here, changed my Devialet Air to default 96 khzs 24 bits and everything is playing perfectly.  I could play 44 khzs 16 bits, but could not play higher bit rates without problems.  Obviously, something has been fixed - either by Devialet in their latest update or by Microsoft.

Its not by Devialet as I am using the same version of AIR I was using on Win 7 and 8.1 as I download and keep all of them so it must be something in the OS. Maybe it is the timing thing mentioned by completeluxury.

I actually managed to change the maximum playback rate in AIR whilst playing from 24/96 to 24/192 and it just carried on playing - I would never have been able to do this before Windows 10 so it is definitely more robust.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Yes, I concurred with Nick. All I did was just upgrade my OS from 8.1 to 10, and voila, everything works together perfectly. I had been playing from 8am till now (5:17pm) non-stop using Roon's radio feature playing through my NAS music which contains different bitrate music from 16/44.1, 24/96, 24/192 and DSD/DSF. All played through without one single white noise.

Update: Played via AIR for more than 13 hours without a hitch. I have removed my USB connection from my Devialet.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

This is great news. I have a scenario where I sure could use Air over ethernet.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Now this is interesting, especially if I could better sound via Air using my NAS. I could sell my Aurender (which is very good) and sink that money into better speakers. Too bad Air doesn't run directly from a Synology. Well, it is time for research.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Did you had enough time to check windows 8 and the 8.1.3 ?
I say that because I've noticed improvement with Air on my windows 7 laptop after upgrading the D200 to 8.1.3 beta....
I can play longer before crackling noise...
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(11-Aug-2015, 16:43)ledesc Wrote: Did you had enough time to check windows 8 and the 8.1.3 ?
I say that because I've noticed improvement with Air on my windows 7 laptop after upgrading the D200 to 8.1.3 beta....
I can play longer before crackling noise...
I very occasionally had problems with Air, with 16 bit files, but these have not occurred for quite a while.  I cannot say whether this improvement may have been due to Diavelet software upgrades.  However, I certainly could not play higher resolution files before the advent of Windows 10.  The crackling would start almost immediately - now there is none - although so far I have only had relatively short listening sessions.