Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 110 What Hifi review
(16-Feb-2015, 23:10)PhilP Wrote:
(16-Feb-2015, 23:00)ZincAlloy Wrote:
(16-Feb-2015, 22:52)PhilP Wrote: Is the output of the amplifier the same for each digital input?   I mean if you stream the same music file to the amp via USB, wifi, ethernet or spdif is the power output the same for a given volume setting?

If not then that may account for some of the differences between listening levels listed above.

I seem to remember when I compared spdif to AIR before that spdif was a few dB louder but I'm not near my system now so I can't try it.

Hi PhilP - just noticed that those respondents who are listening at -30dB are running D400, so nsybe my single D200 is ok.  Certainly, have never had to get to the +10dB that Rufus has.   Must stop suffering from Devialet-induced paranoia! 

Hi Ken,

I typically run my 200 at -15 to -20 when listening via wifi AIR and my speakers are a little more efficient than yours so yes I think you're being paranoid. There's a lot of it about Smile

What source are you using nowadays? I was really looking forward to the Dialog so I could finally get my old Mac out of my system but that's probably now a long way off.  I now listen to Qobuz most of the time - loving exploring their huge catalogue - so the Mac is used a lot, iTunes a bit and the NDX not much.

Cheers,

Philip

Hi PhilP - thanks for reducing the paranoia ....  Still using SBT via S/PDIF as main source.   I ordered a Dialog just as I was about to pull the trigger on an Auralic Aries, and we all know that this has been delayed.   I tried AIR and, when it worked, it was amazing.  I'm hoping that Dialog - when it arrives - will sound as good as AIR and be as robust as my SBT.  That would be the ideal.    So, I guess I'll just have to be patient a little while longer ....

Very interesting comments from Rufus re: Dialog.  Sounds like it can actually store content,  and not just grab content fom offline and internet sources.   Now,mid they do this, I'm happy to wait ....
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
Sorry for getting you going on the volume thing ZincAlloy! I really don't know if there is a fault but Devialet will take a look at it and confirm...
Phil

That may have been me rather than Rufus unless we both went to Harrods and both got the same story.

The Dialog spec says 2GB of flash which I had originally computed (as 2TB) as 3,000 CDs when it is in reality 3 CDs.

I've queried the statement with Yann who was the Devialet representative at Harrods.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
@Ian-G Huh I think you may have intended to pick up on Ken's post above
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(16-Feb-2015, 18:33)thumb5 Wrote: I've just pinged a support request to Devialet to ask them exactly what effect the "max power" configuration has on the behaviour of the amplifier.

Devialet have replied and say that the power limit does not change the gain of the amplifier, it just stops it delivering more than the configured maximum power into the speakers.  I conclude from that that it shouldn't make any difference at all to what happens at low volume.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK