Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIR 2.12 save config bug on Windows
Hi,

Some background info : Devialet 200 with two network profiles : both Ethernet and Wifi have an IP address and are visible in the AIR-client.

Everytime the Windows music server rebooted, I had to go manually to the server and select 'My Devialet-Eth' to start the streaming.
In the setup, I would select 'stream to it only if the device is not already streaming'
This works until the box rebooted and then I had to do it again manually. Nothing serious, but not wife friendly.

I did a bit of troubleshooting. It seems that the registry key is not written.
If you open the registry editor and go to ...current_user\software\devialet\Devialet AIR\<your Devialet MAC address>, you'll find an entry autoswitch_mode.
Open it, select decimal and enter 1 if you want 'stream to it only if not already streaming' and 2 if you want 'always stream to it automatically'. If you enter 3, your Devialet will explode Smile

As always, be carefull when you edit the registry.

Joris
(25-Jul-2014, 14:51)Georgethesixth Wrote: Open it, select decimal and enter 1 if you want 'stream to it only if not already streaming' and 2 if you want 'always stream to it automatically'. If you enter 3, your Devialet will explode Smile

I've just selected 4 ......

Interesting tip though!
I believe if you exit the app after making the appropriate selection, it will save the config and will work every time you restart. I know this worked for me with the "always stream" option. Try that if you don't want to mess with the registry.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
Yes, this worked for me as well.
I stand corrected. Blush I'm an IT-guy : why take the easy way if there exists a difficult one. A 'save'-button might be a good idea though.
Already discussed this issue here. The solution is simpler than editing the registry directly... Wink

http://devialetchat.com/Thread-Autowswit...en-setting
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands