Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows 10
(21-Aug-2015, 23:19)Vivialet Wrote: have you checked the power saving settings ? Try setting the max. power profile. My i5 PC is working fine with AIR as did Win8.1 before.

Yes. I tried that and it made no difference.
Music 
switched to Win 10 from Win 7 and found sound to be more clear. My imagination? Probably not as my ears dont make mistakes  Rolleyes

Distributors of High-End Audio equipment & accessories & International Exclusive dealers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brands:  HiDiamond, Essence of Music, Crystal Cable, Siltech Cable, VertexAQ, Audeze, Musical Fidelity, Wilson Benesch, Cardas Cables, Sennheiser, MusicalStones, Klutz Design. Acoustic Preference, Dynaudio, PS Audio, Ayon Audio, Dan D'agostino and many more Smile
Cosmosound Technologies (www.cosmo-tech.info)
eshop: www.echosaudio.net
I think Windoze 10 is utter pants.. It's bloated, slow, riddled with bugs and is completely un-user friendly, not to mention vulnerable to viruses and hacks. Lazy and often shoddy coding allied with non existent beta testing is the main culprit. MS shove it out there and expect their customers to do the work for them. So expect large updates to patch the holes for the foreseeable future. Some would argue that the last decent release was 85. I have encountered more frozen screens and blue screens of death with 10 than with any other version.
Devialet 250 Firmware 10.1 SAM 100% (USB & AIR Ethernet) Wilson Audio Duette (MK1), REL S3, Innuos Zenith 2TB SSD, Roon, Audioquest Diamond & Chord Epic Reference. Qobuz & Tidal.
(16-Sep-2015, 21:25)NFloyd67 Wrote: I think Windoze 10 is utter pants.. It's bloated, slow, riddled with bugs and is completely un-user friendly, not to mention vulnerable to viruses and hacks. Lazy and often shoddy coding allied with non existent beta testing is the main culprit. MS shove it out there and expect their customers to do the work for them. So expect large updates to patch the holes for the foreseeable future. Some would argue that the last decent release was 85. I have encountered more frozen screens and blue screens of death with 10 than with any other version.

Say what? Huh
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
We've got a Devialet 200 and use it with a Windows 10 laptop.  The amp is plugged into ethernet and I was using Air to play my streaming Tidal music.  Stuttering starts after a period and the only way to get rid of it is to turn the amp off and on again which isn't pleasant.

I contacted Devialet support and this is their reply.  Don't hold your breath for an Air upgrade anytime soon!

Devialet Support (Devialet)
14 déc. 12:41
Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for your message.
Devialet AIR is actually not compatible yet with Windows 10.
USB will be the way to avoid any issues with AIR and Windows 10.
There are no new versions of AIR that will be release soon unfortunately.
Best regards,
(16-Dec-2015, 19:26)moideb Wrote: We've got a Devialet 200 and use it with a Windows 10 laptop.  The amp is plugged into ethernet and I was using Air to play my streaming Tidal music.  Stuttering starts after a period and the only way to get rid of it is to turn the amp off and on again which isn't pleasant.

Win10 and AIR are very stable on my NUC i5 with 8GB RAM. My NUC is a dedicated Roon player and I streamed all music via AIR to my Le200. I do encounter white noises on my Win10 tablet with only 2GB RAM, but this happens only for 24/192 music files. For normal 16/44.1 music, white noises rarely, if not never, occurred. And streaming Tidal Hifi desktop app on Win10 via AIR to Le200 definitely not an issue. I reckoned AIR is resource-hungry and needs faster CPU and at least 4GB of RAM. So, I would recommend you to check on your laptop resources and maybe upgrade more RAM for smoother (hopefully, trouble-free) AIR playback. In case you are wondering, my wifi router is an old TP-Link router that only supports 2.4GHz bandwidth. Using AIR-ETH connection has better reliability, too.

As for stuttering, it happens on AIR 2.1.4 beta 4. AIR 2.1.3 on Win10 never stutters.

Again, I won't care what Devialet support says about AIR not compatible with Win10 . Some of them are plain lazy or stupid who doesn't even know their own products better. A lot of us in Devialetchat has successfully getting good, if not perfect, performance and reliability with AIR on Win10. Yes, it may involve a fair bit of trial and error of getting it right, but it worth the effort and save you lots of money on interconnects.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Im using Win 10 but AIR keeps disabling itself why trying to use it over wifi
even went out and bought a Netgear Nighthawk hoping that may help strengthen the wifi signal
but that doesnt seem to be the issue
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(17-Dec-2015, 04:48)tyefighter Wrote: Im using Win 10 but AIR keeps disabling itself why trying to use it over wifi
even went out and bought a Netgear Nighthawk hoping that may help strengthen the wifi signal
but that doesnt seem to be the issue

Beside AIR-Wifi, are you also using AIR-ETH concurrently?

BTW, Devialet's Expert's wifi reception is very poor and to achieve a good wifi signal (<= -30dB level), you have to place your wifi router next to your Expert, preferably towards the rear of the chassis.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

thank you hk

only using wifi but noticed that the signal strength is only at -65dB so i would imagine that being the problem
maybe a job over the holidays is to relocate the router to the music room Wink
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
I run Win 10 and AIR 2.1.3 on my new computer, only ethernet no wifi and has no problem with white noise or stuttering.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree