Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audioquest Jitterbug
is it possible / does it worth to switch off +5V power supply in the USB connection?
Does it help to remove noise?
Doesn't work in my setup and many others. The devialet (or my JCAT USB card) like most XMOS solutions needs the 5V present for handshake purposes so to initialize the connection during power-up. Some have said it does work in their setup, elsewhere on this forum, don't know why it differs for some.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Can you please suggest if it is a good idea to use a USB cable with a filter built-in (as TotalDAC one) or without filter?
or if I add a regen box in the middle does it matter?

Thank you !
I know it's a lot to read but I've tried a lot over time incl. the Regen and TotalDAC D1 usb cable (both have been replaced by imo better alternatives) and documented it all in my system topic. Link in my signature.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
When I hear people using lots of USB-related boxes it makes me wonder why bother with USB and just use AES/EBU as recommended by Devialet..
Well you asked for it. And besides there's no AES/EBU output present on most PC's now is there? So those that want both to use a computer and excellent SQ need to find a way or workaround.

Anyway, I've switched to AES/EBU, using a Mutec MC-3+ USB converter/reclocker between the music server and D250. Beats anything I've tried thus far.

The Netherlands
I have to try it !