Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audioquest Jitterbug
Another review of both the Regen and Jitterbug. This time the Regen was also tested using a linear PSU.

http://www.audiostream.com/content/upton...-jitterbug
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Last night, I did some comparison listening for roughly 2 hours with my Bryston BDP-2 digital player. My Bryston BDP-2 unit has the latest software/firmware installed and the new/upgraded sound card (what Bryston calls the Integrated Audio Device [IAD]).

I connected my Bryston BDP-2 to my Devialet 200 via both AES/EBU & USB and switched back-and-forth between the two connections to compare sound quality. This in no way was a very scientific experiment, just a personal experiment since I happened to be home alone yesterday evening & took advantage of the situation. My AES/EBU cable is the Atlas Mavros digital cable ($485) and my USB cable is the AudioQuest Carbon ($170).

With these cables in place, I gave a slight edge to the AES/EBU connection. It provided just a small amount of additional detail as compared to the USB connection which I expected given the price difference and built quality/material between the two.

However (to my surprise), when I introduced the AudioQuest JitterBug USB Data & Power Noise Filter ($50) to the AudioQuest Carbon USB cable, it was a different story. With the introduction of the JitterBug, I could no longer hear a different between the two connections as the JitterBug provided a slightly quieter background allowing more detail to be heard.

This was my personal experience with my own equipment in my own living room. However, when my wife came home, I repeated the tests for her and she came to the same conclusions I did.

So far, I'm really impressed with the AudioQuest JitterBug and wanted to pass this along (note: I have no affiliation with AudioQuest)!
http://www.theaudiobeat.com/blog/audioqu...terbug.htm
After reading the audiostream link Antoine posted and the praise for using the Regen/Jitterbug combo I thought I'd take the plunge and try the Jitterbug myself on my Dev with the Regen. Really impressed with it on my stock Macbook - definitely less digital sounding and, I guess through the reduced noise floor, more open and detailed. It did take sometime to run in but well worth the modest cost!
Been reading this thread with interest.
As some of you will be aware I added a Melco recently which enhanced my system IMO, however I also noticed an increase in brightness and siblance. Got me thinking that maybe it's because it's the first time I have used USB with my 200.
Will the jitterbug help I wonder. May be worth a go or is the Jitterbug only for use with PCs
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Hi

I just tried mine with my new Melco, technically it works but I'm still trying to judge the sound anyway so can't tell you if it sounds better, worse or just the same.

I tried 24/192 files so it should work with any resolution.

Cheers

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
I would never have really considered anything like this , but read a review which said it reduced siblance. This interests me and for £40 it's not a huge gamble really. But ...and there's always a but the Melco is not an ordinary PC, I am sure it must have been optimised for connection to a DAC.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I really wouldn't bother with the jitterbug Womaz, if it's doing anything it's really subtle. In fact most measurements of that and regen seem to imply slight noise distortion added if anything.

But if you do want to try, Amazon are good for returns, I sent my pair back without fuss.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(06-Dec-2015, 10:16)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I really wouldn't bother with the jitterbug Womaz, if it's doing anything it's really subtle. In fact most measurements of that and regen seem to imply slight noise distortion added if anything.  

But if you do want to try, Amazon are good for returns, I sent my pair back without fuss.

Totally agree with Hifi_swlon. I tried a jitterbug with my Wyred4sound Music Server and, to my ears, it made no difference what so ever.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
They work as advertised bit need several hundred hours of burn in. Up to 300 hours i experienced an up and down in sq, at around 300 h they stabilized and got better still after that. I'd like to suggest to keep that in mind when trying this little thing before doing any judgement!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner