Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware update 1.3.0.x
I love updates as much as the next guy, but volume seems messed up. While previously I had good sound at low levels I.e below 40 now I have to go to like 55 or 60. And is it me or is it the volume change but has the sound lost clarity?
I can now hardly hear anything below 20 and I agree the clarity is not so good at lower volumes.
Has Devialet released a change log, if so could someone post a link?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I have asked Devialet to explain why I now have to have the volume at 40 to achieve what only took 20 before. Perhaps it is their version of 11.
(01-Sep-2015, 20:18)ragwo Wrote: Could you please elaborate what kind of volume issue?

Don't really know if its a genuine issue or the devialet team has tried to do something different which isn't really working too well.

Basically before the update you could barely get the volume levels past 40 before you have to turn it down cause they were that awesome. It seems as tho they have done some sort of volume upgrade where for example volume level 5 is now volume 15, volume 10 is now volume 30 and so on. I prefer it the old way as now i feel as tho they are depriving me of the top end volumes (not that I've gotten that high  Blush  ... but still).
2x Silver Phantom's - Firmware 1.3.0.31
Dialog - Firmware 1.3.0.30
I imagine it has something to do with the fact that you can now change volume from the devices own physical control.
With Fw 1.2.0.0 low volumes were difficult to set. 10 (out of 100) was set as default and in my case was a good and natural loudness I used to listen in silence (late evening). However the problem was that lower volume worked very unlinear. Volumes below 5 were almost not audible and between 5 and 10 there were audible jumps. Now the low end ismuch smoother, but for me everything below 15 is not enjoyable, neither alone in silence nor with others in the living room. On the other hand between 35 and 55 the volume increases dramically such that it becomes difficult to select the right loudness for different program (electro, hard core, rock, folk, jazz, classical). There for me is the sweet spot you need to adjust well for different genres. And this for me is too compressed compared in fw 1.3.0.xx to before. I think something between now and before would be the best fit. Volume 15 or 20 could be what was 10 before the firmware update and is now 35, more or less. Devialet please correct this in the next update, soon!
Or give us choices of different volume curves Or do it as in the expert line by letting us know the volume absolutely in SPL (as measued in an anechoic chamber). Most if not all of us ( your customers) are not that stupid or uninterested as you might think.
Ok sound quality is the same after listening for an hour. It's just now I am doing casual listening at volume 55 instead of 40
Is the Bluetooth lossless?