Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware update 1.3.0.x
I wonder if the new firmware is creating the hissing because of the bluetooth option?
(01-Sep-2015, 20:54)Rhamy Wrote: I imagine it has something to do with the fact that you can now change volume from the devices own physical control.

Can you elaborate on this please? Where is the phantoms physical volume control?

The volume knob accessory on their site it says is not shipping yet.
Spotify sounds better.
(01-Sep-2015, 20:17)merlinbfd Wrote: Volume issue lets this update down, otherwise good effort by the Devialet team

(01-Sep-2015, 21:36)riozilla Wrote:
(01-Sep-2015, 20:54)Rhamy Wrote: I imagine it has something to do with the fact that you can now change volume from the devices own physical control.

Can you elaborate on this please? Where is the phantoms physical volume control?  

You can change volume with the BT connected device, even if you're not playing from BT.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(01-Sep-2015, 21:36)riozilla Wrote:

I meant on your iPhone or iPad or pc
So if my speakers have bluetooth it would just show up? I don't need to put it in discover mode in any way?
(01-Sep-2015, 21:48)mtvanc Wrote: So if my speakers have bluetooth it would just show up?  I don't need to put it in discover mode in any way?

Yes
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(01-Sep-2015, 21:48)mtvanc Wrote: So if my speakers have bluetooth it would just show up?  I don't need to put it in discover mode in any way?

Do a Bluetooth search with your input device and both phantoms will appear. You only need to select one to connect to and voila both will play in stereo.
Regarding the 'non-linearity' of volume control(not BT related but in Spark):
Did Devialet hire an intern to come up with this ridiculus regime of volume control? I can not imagine that a serious usability testing could conclude that this non-linearity in the loudness would be best for customers. I do not see any use in volumes below 15 and have a hard time to get the right volume set above of 45. But also between 35 and 45 the volume rise is shocking compared to what happens from 20-35. Please Devialet ship asap a firmware version 1.3.0.32 that corrects this or gives us choice to choose on sets of volume control.
Tidal tidal plays lower volume wise than Spotify or Deezer