Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reviewer's (Jeff Fritz/Soundstage) Thoughts
Information 
Visit http://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php...erspective for a nice thought piece about the Phantom but has echoes to many of our general complaints about the Expert line.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(01-Sep-2015, 17:50)rwjr44 Wrote: Visit http://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php...erspective for a nice thought piece about the Phantom but has echoes to many of our general complaints about the Expert line.

I have no complaints about the expert line !!!!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Complaints? Not me, but I read about the experiences of others and I understand (somewhat) their issues and disappointments. But frankly, I have nothing but praise for my D120. It is a plug and play and forget product. I don't feel the need to constantly upgrade firmware, or SAM profiles, or other parts of the system.

But I don't thing JF complained about the Expert line; he does seem to feel that Devialet is not keeping up with delivering on expressed promises or delivering a comfortably complete Phantom product. Devialet may not be all that some hoped for in terms of feeding owners a constant stream of 'oh wow' updates, but that is not a disappointment. And they are a new company, relatively, so have some latitude from me in terms of getting all aspects of their operation polished. Naim has been in business for what, 30 years? They can still put out app updates that leave users all over the world wondering how to get their systems working again.

BTW, JF does appear to be using Devialet as his own amp of choice.... a good choice, IMHO.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(01-Sep-2015, 17:50)rwjr44 Wrote: Visit http://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php...erspective for a nice thought piece about the Phantom but has echoes to many of our general complaints about the Expert line.

My only complaint about the Expert line was the changing of the Air concept from a Mac/iTunes utility to a universal "soundcard". It hasn't worked as well since. A case of the customer(s) not always being right IMO.

Overall updates are not something I have expected from my hifi for the last 45+ years, so I don't stress over what may or may not be in the next one, or when it might be, I just spin a CD or LP, or stream a file and enjoy the unbeaten sound quality.

When an update comes along I do it, the only one which I was really thrilled by was the one when the on-line configurator was launched. That was game changing for me. 

I bought my hifi to listen to music, not to dick about with.
If I want to dick about I do it with cameras Smile am into cameras rather than taking pictures...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I'm having lots of funs with my D200. As Damon had said, its plug and play. I just turned it on and click play on my Roon. Voila! Great sound and fantastic music.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Devialet d200 is the best integrated I had in my 30+ years of audio. Cant wait to go up to the 400. Only complaint is AIR and white noise. But it did push me to get a great source in the Aurender X100. I see FW upgrades, SAM and possibility to customize configs as a big plus! For the priçe, certainly the best bang for my money.
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal

(01-Sep-2015, 17:50)rwjr44 Wrote: a nice thought piece about the Phantom but has echoes to many of our general complaints about the Expert line.

Really? I've just reread the article and cannot find anything negative about the Expert line.... in fact I think his point is simply that the Phantoms haven't yet had any reviews in the hifi press and as of yet no published acoustic measurement results... he also makes the point of very few forum reviews and posts, giving the example of WBF.

On the point of very few user experiences being published on the internet I wonder if he has heard of Devialet Chat? On the subject of the Phantom we have 151 threads and 2,359 posts and lots of happy campers right?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(04-Sep-2015, 11:50)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(01-Sep-2015, 17:50)rwjr44 Wrote: a nice thought piece about the Phantom but has echoes to many of our general complaints about the Expert line.

Really? I've just reread the article and cannot find anything negative about the Expert line.... in fact I think his point is simply that the Phantoms haven't yet had any reviews in the hifi press and as of yet no published acoustic measurement results... he also makes the point of very few forum reviews and posts, giving the example of WBF.

On the point of very few user experiences being published on the internet I wonder if he has heard of Devialet Chat? On the subject of the Phantom we have 151 threads and 2,359 posts and lots of happy campers right?

Guillaume

Sure Smile  Why don't you send him an invitation to join the forum - I'm sure he would appreciate that.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Honestly I didn't read the review. To me, I'm already a Devialet Expert line owner and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Let's enjoy our music on our chosen systems.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(04-Sep-2015, 11:50)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

"ECHOES to our many of our general complaints". Sad

No he didn't complain about the Expert line. We are the ones that have many complaints about Devialet's handling of the Expert line. Angry There are threads devoted to our problems with the company. I thoroughly enjoy my Le200 Big Grin  BUT this entire bungle of the configurations, the remote app, the AIR situation and a few other things Angry have some relation to JF's feelings about the way the company is handling the release of the Phantom product and leaves many of us very frustrated.

If you haven't read the article, please read it. It is very short.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.