Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
802 Diamond - D200 vs D400
(09-May-2016, 00:53)audio_engr Wrote: Anyone tried Bi-amping 802 D3 or 803 D3 with D200 master + D200 companion ?

Hi,

Just want to confirm as what was said above that D400 is the minimum to run 802D3 (may be also 803D3) and it runs ok , I have not tried the D250 with them so cannot comment on it, but if you want to get the best of these you probably want to go for D800 or above. These are fantastic speakers but power demanding.

F
Original d'Atelier No 91 Upgraded CI- Aurender N10- Chord Dave DAC-Chord Mscaler-B&W 800 D3- Isotek EVO3 Mosaic Genesis- Nordost Valhalla 2 power cable- Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker cables- Nordost QB4 and Qx4- Cabledyne RCA-XLR- Transparent Ref XL AES/EBU- Synergistic Atmosphere AC Power Cords- Light Harmonic LS USB- Mutec MC3+USB- Audioquest Diamond ethernet- Étalon ethernet isolator
I tried bi-amping my 802N and preferred the sound of my two D200 as dual-mono D400.
remember I read somewhere that the 802d go down to a little over 1 ohm at some bass frequencies. if this is true I guess none of the devialet amps are a good match
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
The 802 are very hungry. A friend of me drives them with 2 Mono AVM MA 8.2 each more than 1,8 kw @ 2 Ohm. Sounds nearly perfect.

Sent by iPad
Jeff Fritz reviewed the D400 on his Magico Q7 MK II and called it the best he heard on his system only recently slightly better on Soulution 711 amp (65K USD...), he even tested the 120 on his Magico's and was in awe, 802 should not be a problem i imagine..
(10-May-2016, 21:17)Allman77 Wrote: Jeff Fritz reviewed the D400 on his Magico Q7 MK II and called it the best he heard on his system only recently slightly better on Soulution 711 amp (65K USD...), he even tested the 120 on his Magico's and was in awe, 802 should not be a problem i imagine..

the magicos are probably an easy load impedance wise...
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(10-May-2016, 21:17)Allman77 Wrote: Jeff Fritz reviewed the D400 on his Magico Q7 MK II and called it the best he heard on his system only recently slightly better on Soulution 711 amp (65K USD...), he even tested the 120 on his Magico's and was in awe, 802 should not be a problem i imagine..

the magicos are probably an easy load impedance wise...
Anyone used the 802 D3 with a 220 Pro?
Well have been running the 802 D3 with s 220 Pro for a couple of weeks and will setup the 440 Pro today. Excited Smile Also interesting to hear if someone else using this setup.
I guess you won't be dissapointed after trying double mono. When the speakers need the power, this setup will give that and more.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands