Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM seems broken
Interested how different it is
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Good news to all Expert Line users!
Just got this feedback directly from Devialet (originally concerning my fix for the 804 Diamond profile)
==
Our engineers identified a lack of lowers frequencies in the V2 profile.
This week our SAM engineers are going to do a global checking of all the SAM profiles to be sure that both versiosn are fine, and that the conversion in V2 went well.
==
So as some already suspected there is obviously a flaw in converting some SAM V1 profiles to V2.
Another improvement in sound quality is ahead :-)
Excellent news!
(09-Sep-2015, 11:06)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I did log a ticket with Devialet as I felt SAM was rather subtle with f/w 8.x and not necessarily actually making anything better any more with my Raidhos. The response was that 'SAM is better than it was'. OK, thanks for that...

Still better is it? LOL  Angel

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(22-Sep-2015, 10:32)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(09-Sep-2015, 11:06)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I did log a ticket with Devialet as I felt SAM was rather subtle with f/w 8.x and not necessarily actually making anything better any more with my Raidhos. The response was that 'SAM is better than it was'. OK, thanks for that...

Still better is it? LOL  Angel

Guillaume

Smile) Well, by intention SAMv2 should be better than V1, though certain profiles had an issue when converting to V2 - and Devialet up to now didn't even know about that.
Glad the community is there to provide thorough feedback and the SAM team has been investigating things. So let's see how other profiles will benefit when the global review will be done this week.
Indeed, the value added by the community is important.
Guillaume thanks for this forum that glues it together!
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
So, for all of us with LS50s, what should we do now? A new file from the Configurator? Is that enough? Or should we re-install the latest version of firmware?

Thanks, cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Devialet have re-profiled the Raidho C-1.1. I think it's sounding better, but it's not fixed the 'thumping' issue with a few tracks unfortunately that occurs with full SAM.
And I have just had a mail from Dev about SAM on my LS50s.

I have tried it and can now clearly hear a difference between SAM on and off. I think it is more subtle than SAM1 but at least it now appears to be working.
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50