Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 is ready for reassembly...
    Picked the pieces up from the anodizer yesterday after scrutinizing each piece very closely. They did a fabulous job for me on this! Had to put the pieces away for the rest of yesterday and today as I'm in the midst of a H-U-G-E car project that I needed to finish by tonight. Just got around to taking a single pic just now showing the masking job they did so I retain my chassis grounds for all the PCB's as well as the top-to-belly pan ground integrity which are all equally important in this project. I'll update this thread tomorrow with what the unit will look like with belly pan attached as well as the GUI glass cover so everyone can get an idea of what it all looks like assembled with the convection cooling provision. I'm beat tonight so I'll save the best for tomorrow!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
It looks beautiful just looking at its top. [Grin]
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Thanks (I think;-) The other side's lots better tho as everyone will see tomorrow. I'll have to take it out into sunlight to shoot it. Its so black it soaks up all available light from my flash.

"Its like, how much more black could this be... "
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
"none, none more black..." Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
    Here's a couple pics to give everyone an idea of finished aesthetic. I'm LOVIN it... perfect satin black finish I was hoping for. Now I wish I'd done the remote!
    I'm still exhausted from my massive car project this week so I'm going to take the rest of the weekend off. I'll start reassembly of the 200 on Monday... slowly as she goes.
(12-Sep-2015, 20:24)Manoet Wrote: Here's a couple pics to give everyone an idea of finished aesthetic. I'm LOVIN it... perfect satin black finish I was hoping for. Now I wish I'd done the remote!

Looks fantastic - a definite "one off" Smile. I like the way that the ventilation holes seem to disappear into the front.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
    Thanks brit! One more pic since I decided to hang it in its spot even tho its hollow/empty inside. It'll keep nicely there and out of the way till I get back to it. Dunno what that milky-white spot is below and to left of GUI but its definitely not on the Devialet! May be some reflection off the fractured glass desk top from my desk lamp. Another welcome aside is it definitely seems smaller in black than it did in chrome!
WOW--it looks great!

I understands your comment about the remote :-)

Happy assembly.

Kind regards

Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Ouahou, E N O R M E in French Wink
It looks like a UFO with the holes on the front.
This is the new spaceship from planet sound.
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -