Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 is ready for reassembly...
Thanks Morten! Yeah, my rationale for not doing the remote was lame and without merit since everything turned out beautifully. But at least they don't sit near each other and to the untrained eye don't appear related since remote sits on my rolltop writing surface while the D200 is mounted on the wall behind, 30% below and 70% above the rolltop desk's top surface at center eye level when seated at my desk.

One of the biggest benefits I've discovered since reassembling the top and bottom for these pics is the total absence of fingerprints from handling the D200 while moving it around and/or handling it for pics. I wiped it off on final assembly of course but haven't touched it again since and even after hanging on the wall, no wipe-down required and nary a fingerprint or oily hand smudge to deal with. Previously after I'd remove or re-hang it on the wall or even touch it a good follow-up wipe-down with a dampened micro fiber towel was mandatory due to handling/fingerprint smudging and my direct eye-level seating position. Dem days is gone!! Another thing I like about it is no distorted mirror view of the room behind me reflected off the D200 top while sitting at the desk facing the D200. While it was polished but certainly didn't cast a very optically pleasing mirror-flat reflection! Had ripples, undulations & distortions aplenty on further away objects! Now it just sits there and reflects nothing... no fingerprints, no light, no glare... nothing to distract me from the occasional glance at the GUI for status updates. And so far I've found nothing that is less aesthetically pleasing than it was before. Can't wait to get into the potential SQ and temp benefits! Fingers crossed it will be an exciting week-to-10-days coming my way!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
Looks fantastic, Manoet!

Can't wait to hear what impact it has on the sound quality.

Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.