Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stillpoints
Guillaume!

Where did you position the Ansuz Ceramic pucks underneath you amp?

BR Björn

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
(24-Sep-2015, 18:52)GuillaumeB Wrote: When I tried Stillpoints Ultra Minis under my Devialet units last year I didn't think that they made enough of a difference to warrant spending £300 each or whatever it was...

A few months ago I heard the Ansuz Ceramic pucks at a demo in Sweden and I was utterly amazed by the transformation (as was the rest of the audience).

So I ordered some and they arrived this am.  Smile

In a word? Unbelievable. At first I wondered what had happened to the sound! It seemed quieter and I had to turn the volume up! It took me a while to take it all in. The music sounds more relaxed and natural, tonal textures are improved in their level of detail and are richer, this is really surprising as it almost feels as though the tonal balance of the system has changed. I'm almost struggling to find the right words to describe it as I hate all the usual hifi cliches. The system seems quieter, softer, deeper... overall it's a lot more refined. It sounds more like music which is a stupid thing to say but hopefully some of you will understand what I mean.  Rolleyes

I can't recommend these pucks enough. My top tweak of the year that's for sure. 

Guillaume
Very interesting...
How They look? Do You have any photo? 
What is the price?
guillaume what was the price per on those pucks?

im currently eyeing off the HRS nimbus coupler that was mentioned here and they are VERY cost effective!
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(24-Sep-2015, 22:04)moreno1973 Wrote: How They look? Do You have any photo? 
What is the price?

Here is a picture I took earlier.

Price is around the £260 mark each but there are discounts based on volume. Not cheap...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Has anyone totaled the cost of their system tweaks and compared it to the cost of their equipment? Wink  I am afraid to balance it on a spread sheet. Smile
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I was part of that audience that Guillaume talks about and in one word, these Ansuz footers transform the system in such way it is hard to understand, one must listen to believe it. Even at this price they must be seen as good value as no fancy cable or anything would give that hike in performance.
As I am still waiting for my Aavik to arrive but in the meantime I am testing Mad Scientist footers (Zirconia and Tungsten carbide balls) which shares some ideas behind the Ansuz (or was the other way around) ie decoupling with very hard materials. When I put these under my D400 I had the same hike in performance as the Ansuz had on Stefans D800 some months ago. These footers are about 1/6 to 1/5 lower in price.
I will of course compare with Ansuz feet when the Aavik is here as the Aavik is already prepared to take 4 Anusz feet.

The Devialets are for sure extremely sensitive so footers should be considered mandatory. Try your selfs and have the best upgrade of the year. Mind you that Ansuz and Mad Scientist footers are the best, with a margin, I tried.

Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
The idea of hardness in decoupling is old as the hills and been used in audio circles for decades. The opposing view has held tenaciously to soft media that is compliant and decouples via absorption. Most of the methods today has or is migrating towards hardness as their preference. My own favorite and (relatively) cheap footers are the Symposium Acoustics HPDE Rollerblock Jr with tungsten balls used between hard anodized 7075 aluminum cups at +/- $100 per corner new. That puts the tungsten balls at 72HRC (Hardness on the Rockwell "C" scale) and the hard anodized aluminum oxide corundum cups at a Mohs scale of 9. In comparison zirconia can only manage an 8 on the same scale. Mohs scale is for crystelline minerals while Rockwell is for metal... no direct conversions available. Just thought one or a few might like to know.

Speaking of the hardness factor and footers I'm now wondering if placing a couple of my Rollerblocks under my D200 might now add even better/more enhancement than prior to anodizing since the hardness factor of corundum (Mos 9) has been added to the D200 belly pan and extending further up the decoupling chain. Will be interesting to find out some day in the not-too distant future.

But I'm absent from my prescribed duties and goal playing here... must get back to that now.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
I combined soft with hardSmile

i use a simple Atacama platform with sorbotane footers and on this I use four Stillpoints Ultra SS, then on them there is Devialet 200. My rack is Made from MDF. The result after using Stillpoints is very very good. Just Please remeber to use Stillpoints under chassis not under Deviale's own footers...and Stillpoints should be a little loosen with Their Top plate...
(27-Sep-2015, 09:39)Mikeeo Wrote: The Devialets are for sure extremely sensitive so footers should be considered mandatory.

Funny thing is - when I first home demoed a D200 it sat on its cardboard packing box on the floor as my Fraim was still full of Naim gear.  It was better than my Naim system in every way. Perhaps I should try the cardboard box again...
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(27-Sep-2015, 09:39)Mikeeo Wrote: I was part of that audience that Guillaume talks about and in one word, these Ansuz footers transform the system in such way it is hard to understand, one must listen to believe it. Even at this price they must be seen as good value as no fancy cable or anything would give that hike in performance.
As I am still waiting for my Aavik to arrive but in the meantime I am testing Mad Scientist footers (Zirconia and Tungsten carbide balls) which shares some ideas behind the Ansuz (or was the other way around) ie decoupling with very hard materials. When I put these under my D400 I had the same hike in performance as the Ansuz had on Stefans D800 some months ago. These footers are about 1/6 to 1/5 lower in price.
I will of course compare with Ansuz feet when the Aavik is here as the Aavik is already prepared to take 4 Anusz feet.

The Devialets are for sure extremely sensitive so footers should be considered mandatory. Try your selfs and have the best upgrade of the year. Mind you that Ansuz and Mad Scientist footers are the best, with a margin, I tried.

Mike
Hello Mike, can You tell me the spots where the footers are placed?

Albert
Aurender S10/ESP the Essence/Wireworld Platinum XLR/Devialet 200/Graditech Voima One/Jena Labs 15 bi-wired/ASW Magadis/IPad air 2.

The Netherlands